• Current Donation Goals

chara   
2 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I’m more than happy to question his knowledge of the game , off the back of his comments on Fabregas!

Now that's my point...I didn't ever really "warm" to Fabregas.....not to say he was rubbish or ineffective but felt he was slightly behind the curve in his career..

Does that make me less than knowledgeable about the game?....that is my opinion..just an opinion...not the last word on the subject and not a stand on a player that I care to argue about.

Another OPINION only...have always liked Pedro...not a top star....but a good Chelsea purchase and performer....unfortunately he has hit the "years" wall and is at the end of his Chelsea shelf life..my opinion......

chelboy   
26 minutes ago, chara said:

Now that's my point...I didn't ever really "warm" to Fabregas.....not to say he was rubbish or ineffective but felt he was slightly behind the curve in his career..

Does that make me less than knowledgeable about the game?....that is my opinion..just an opinion...not the last word on the subject and not a stand on a player that I care to argue about.

Another OPINION only...have always liked Pedro...not a top star....but a good Chelsea purchase and performer....unfortunately he has hit the "years" wall and is at the end of his Chelsea shelf life..my opinion......

I always thought Pedro was the unsung hero of that Barca team. Very intelligent player in the box and reads the game pretty well. Sterling has based his game on what Pedro use to do in Barca under Pep. As a wide forward I would say Pedro is one of the best examples in recent years when he was in his prime. 

• Like 1

chara   
2 hours ago, chelboy said:

I always thought Pedro was the unsung hero of that Barca team. Very intelligent player in the box and reads the game pretty well. Sterling has based his game on what Pedro use to do in Barca under Pep. As a wide forward I would say Pedro is one of the best examples in recent years when he was in his prime. 

Thank you Chelboy..put it far better than I did...looking again I almost ""damned him with faint praise" not my intention at all..same with Fabregas...just my opinion not a put down of his ability.

Unfortunately even after more years than I care to count following Chelsea I still fall into the "my player" trap..still haven't got over Ossie leaving!!!

20/20 hindsight...think my Fabregas "luke warm" view goes back to the Arsenal connection..it is ultimately tribal after all!

Don't go to Colorado Rapids here in Colorado because of the Arsenal connection!!

12 hours ago, chara said:

Sometimes you just need to look at a trophy cabinet to see what top players are. Both Pedro and Fabregas have had fantastic careers and won many trophies across different clubs. Their quality in the peak of their careers is not up for debate .

paulw66   
3 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Sometimes you just need to look at a trophy cabinet to see what top players are. Both Pedro and Fabregas have had fantastic careers and won many trophies across different clubs. Their quality in the peak of their careers is not up for debate .

I have tried. No point any more.

Pedro and Fabregas have won everything in the game, and were a big part of one of the greatest domestic sides ever and one of the greatest international sides ever. 

Some things in football are about pure opinion, but discrediting those two footballing CVs is just laughable

chara   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I have tried. No point any more.

Pedro and Fabregas have won everything in the game, and were a big part of one of the greatest domestic sides ever and one of the greatest international sides ever. 

Some things in football are about pure opinion, but discrediting those two footballing CVs is just laughable

Hmm....Maradona was as great a player as any that played but my opinion of him was he was a complete S*** at no time was I trying to discredit Pedro or Fabregas....I said I didn't warm to Fabregas...not that I didn't rate his game..again just a wee bit behind his peak curve when he came to SB..that's not discrediting him and always liked Pedro.

1 hour ago, chara said:

.not that I didn't rate his game..again just a wee bit behind his peak curve when he came to SB..that's not discrediting him and always liked Pedro.

To be fair, Fabregas did start to peak back as young as 16.  And his first 6 months here were probably the best 6 months of any player here ever, Lampard included.  (Choose shorter or longer time periods and you can get other names).

None of our strikers ever ran so hard when Fabregas was off the pitch.

paulw66   
7 hours ago, chara said:

Hmm....Maradona was as great a player as any that played but my opinion of him was he was a complete S*** at no time was I trying to discredit Pedro or Fabregas....I said I didn't warm to Fabregas...not that I didn't rate his game..again just a wee bit behind his peak curve when he came to SB..that's not discrediting him and always liked Pedro.

I wasn't referring to you