• Current Donation Goals

chara   
16 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I wasn't referring to you 

Sorry pw....didn't really think it was aimed at me....it's sometimes very hard on here to voice an opinion in good faith. WAAY back in the day I actually got into a "scuffle" after the Mexico WC against WGermany and so many people jumped on The Cat..my hero then and now!...vowed never to get intense over a player or game again as it isn't worth the stress but often we get a kneejerk response without considering a point.

Name any "great" Chelsea player and they all had a bad game occasionally or made fatal mistakes on the field ..doesn't make them suddenly rubbish.

Not aimed at you just saying generally...and realised I nicked one of my favourite movie quotes..or rather twisted one..."I said I didn't have much use for one".."Not that I didn't know how to use it"..(maybe slightly wrong but!!)

kev61   
On 09/02/2020 at 9:28 AM, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Sometimes you just need to look at a trophy cabinet to see what top players are. Both Pedro and Fabregas have had fantastic careers and won many trophies across different clubs. Theirs quality in the peak of their careers is not up for debate .

Ah!, the,. they 'won many trophies' old chestnut.Truth is they were dumped.No doubt you are a big fan of jon Obi - players are part of team and that goes for managers - sometimes they get lucky as an individual.

I have complete faith in the jamican bobsleigh team in the next winter Olympics - however it is unlikely they will do well.

49 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Ah!, the,. they 'won many trophies' old chestnut.

And they did, didn't they? Not a 'chestnut' kev, it's a fact. 

kev61   
On 08/02/2020 at 4:05 AM, Ham said:

Is this the same Philip Schofield who has pretended to be straight throughout his entire life for commercial reasons until he received a lot of bad press recently over his appalling attitude to colleagues and then came out strategically so that his critics had to back off and sympathise?

Ham your cynicism is becoming a theme.Seems to me there is a lot of pretence going on in the premier league regarding homosexuality.There has to be a swathe of gay people in the game,imo they need to 'come out' to help people in the same position in every day life.

kev61   
9 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

And they did, didn't they? Not a 'chestnut' kev, it's a fact. 

It's a fact that certain players won tophies with us that were lucky in the fact they played for us.I can't convince everyone,but I am happy to say so.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

It's a fact that certain players won tophies with us

Yes.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

that were lucky in the fact they played for us.

You could see it that way, I guess. You could also say that we were lucky that they played for us.

1 hour ago, kev61 said:

I can't convince everyone,but I am happy to say so.

To be honest, I'm not sure what you're trying to convince people about. Top teams have top players. Which came first, the chicken, or the egg?

Stim   

We are living in a weird duality where one player can be the cause of the team not winning trophies, and the team winning trophies despite one player

But Fabregas has too many appearances to be someone who was lucky. There is a long list of players who have won top honors without contribution much who I would consider "lucky". Ross Turnbull is a CL winner.

Edited by Stim

7 hours ago, kev61 said:

Ah!, the,. they 'won many trophies' old chestnut.Truth is they were dumped.No doubt you are a big fan of jon Obi - players are part of team and that goes for managers - sometimes they get lucky as an individual.

Indeed - how else can a man maintain wild theories in the face of evidence.

paulw66   
7 hours ago, kev61 said:

It's a fact that certain players won tophies with us that were lucky in the fact they played for us.I can't convince everyone,but I am happy to say so.

So, let's talk about Fabregas (again). 

He joined us in 2014 after being "dumped" by Barca.

He then got 18 Premier League assists in 2014/15 as we marched to the title. For context, the next nearest in the whole division had 11. The next Chelsea player on the list was Hazard on 9. 

Are you suggesting he was simply "piggy backing" onto a very good team and was lucky as an individual to win trophies with us? Or did he in fact make an incredible contribution?

JaneB   
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Indeed - how else can a man maintain wild theories in the face of evidence.

Are you referring to yourself Droy? (Couldn't resist)