• Current Donation Goals

6 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

I rate Vardy but agree with the above. For us he’d be facing a deep defense with two packed lines with mids and defenders. 

I think it would have been one of those “Chelsea ruins yet another player” situations. But we’ll never know for sure!

I'm not being argumentative, but when a range of Prem teams plays a third place Leicester and a fourth place Chelsea, what are the essential differences in the way they set up against these 2 teams. And if there is a difference, then what is the reason? 

In the last couple of seasons I have thought to myself many times when watching Chelsea " a Vardy would have put that chance away".

I think it's a myth that our players need to dance past 5 defenders to score a goal like some modern day Maradona ( although Hazard could do that).  Most goals involve either an instinctive strike or a player creating a yard of space inside or around the box and then hitting the target . Vardy reminds me of Costa in that respect. Not quite as good in the air but in other respect fairly similar. 

Bison   
8 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

I'm not being argumentative, but when a range of Prem teams plays a third place Leicester and a fourth place Chelsea, what are the essential differences in the way they set up against these 2 teams. And if there is a difference, then what is the reason? 

In the last couple of seasons I have thought to myself many times when watching Chelsea " a Vardy would have put that chance away".

I think it's a myth that our players need to dance past 5 defenders to score a goal like some modern day Maradona ( although Hazard could do that).  Most goals involve either an instinctive strike or a player creating a yard of space inside or around the box and then hitting the target . Vardy reminds me of Costa in that respect. Not quite as good in the air but in other respect fairly similar. 

Excellent post. It also suggests that we get 0 counter attacking opportunities in games which is nonsense. We get a handful every game but the players almost always make the wrong pass, overrun the ball and just have a lack of quality in the final third.

Jasonb   

I don't watch much of MOTD and don't see the source providing assists for Vardy. I recall with Costa we had Fabregas and that little understanding between ball player and striker which meant Costa knew when and where to run to receive the ball.

bONes   
2 hours ago, Jasonb said:

I don't watch much of MOTD and don't see the source providing assists for Vardy. I recall with Costa we had Fabregas and that little understanding between ball player and striker which meant Costa knew when and where to run to receive the ball.

Maddison

4 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

Any comments from Frank on injuries?

Tammy trained, they're waiting to see if his leg falls off. If it does they'll staple it back on and give him an hour. 

No other injuries. 

Diddymen   
5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Tammy trained, they're waiting to see if his leg falls off. If it does they'll staple it back on and give him an hour. 

No other injuries. 

hahaha

32 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

No other injuries. 

It is bruising.  It might be painful, but it won't get worse by playing.  That is football - I'm sure Tammy did that in the Championship a lot too. 

Blue Rod   
11 hours ago, Bison said:

Excellent post. It also suggests that we get 0 counter attacking opportunities in games which is nonsense. We get a handful every game but the players almost always make the wrong pass, overrun the ball and just have a lack of quality in the final third.

We also always manage to make sure that we have as few players as possible when we get to the opponent's box. Other big teams, even the ones packed full of skillful players, break in numbers and speed. They would not only have more options for their first shot, but they would have enough players to gobble up any rebound. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

We also always manage to make sure that we have as few players as possible when we get to the opponent's box. Other big teams, even the ones packed full of skillful players, break in numbers and speed. They would not only have more options for their first shot, but they would have enough players to gobble up any rebound. 

In fairness , other teams have a squad of usable players where as we run ours into the ground and make them play with knocks . We're probably too knackered to get in the box .