• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 2

Recommended Posts

On 12/02/2020 at 9:23 AM, bert19 said:

I was really surprised he wasn't in the 18 at Leicester at all.  I thought he'd have been perfect for what we needed in the last 20 up there, a focal point up top that could occupy their centre-backs and hold the ball up to take pressure off us defensively.

Would also have helped get him back onside for the run-in. 

It could go hand in hand here: he gets used in the team (and means Tammy isn't flogged to death) and it gives him minutes that he's craving before the Euros. 

 

Instead we got Barkley giving the ball away in areas we could be countered on from.  Because he had a) no idea what role he was playing or how to play it and b) because he's Ross Barkley.  

 

Given the Leicester game was just after the transfer window closed, Frank said something along the lines of they both needed a few days apart. I Imagine there was a lot of frustration on his side from not being allowed to leave especially after how he's been used this season. It's been puzzling why Michy continues to be preferred when Giroud offers so much more. Now he's here until the summer we may as well use him, Giroud as a ST2 is significantly better than what most other teams have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw an interview with SFL recently in which he says that without the transfer ban Mount may have gone on loan but Tomori definitely would have. 

I don't know if I'm alone in this but I find that assessment troubling as I thought Tomori has been our best centre half whenever he's played. 

Zouma and Christensen must be training like demons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Saw an interview with SFL recently in which he says that without the transfer ban Mount may have gone on loan but Tomori definitely would have. 

I don't know if I'm alone in this but I find that assessment troubling as I thought Tomori has been our best centre half whenever he's played. 

Zouma and Christensen must be training like demons. 

I think Zouma is now 4th choice but only after being given plenty of time to prove himself for which he has been found wanting. Too many air kicks/skying it, out of position etc. As for Tomori I agree he has been good but he also takes a lot of risks and over plays. That is the reason I think he has been dropped as to be fair to AC, the CB pairing of AC and Rudi have not really gotten themselves into trouble since starting. The problem since they have been together is that Kepa provides as much resistence as a wet paper bag. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I think Zouma is now 4th choice but only after being given plenty of time to prove himself for which he has been found wanting. Too many air kicks/skying it, out of position etc. As for Tomori I agree he has been good but he also takes a lot of risks and over plays. That is the reason I think he has been dropped as to be fair to AC, the CB pairing of AC and Rudi have not really gotten themselves into trouble since starting. The problem since they have been together is that Kepa provides as much resistence as a wet paper bag. 

Has Tomori had the luxury of playing with Rudi though ? I can't recall whether he has .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Saw an interview with SFL recently in which he says that without the transfer ban Mount may have gone on loan but Tomori definitely would have. 

I don't know if I'm alone in this but I find that assessment troubling as I thought Tomori has been our best centre half whenever he's played. 

Zouma and Christensen must be training like demons. 

I think he meant if the transfer ban never happened that circumstances would mean they would  not have been given the chance by the previous manager. He was talking about the transfer ban and how it changed things for the club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Has Tomori had the luxury of playing with Rudi though ? I can't recall whether he has .

Against Southampton and both played poorly positioning wise all over the place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Has Tomori had the luxury of playing with Rudi though ? I can't recall whether he has .

He played in the 3atb with him. Cannot remember if he has as a 2. However, as I said AC and Rudi have been pretty good together so it is not all that surprising we have not seen much of Tomori for the past month or so. Do not get me wrong I like Tomori and I reckon he will get a look in before the end of the season but I just do not think it is that surprising he and especially Zouma have been dropped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bison   

What has Rudiger actually done to be first choice besides return from injury? We haven't improved defensively since he's been back in the team and he is error prone (no less than Zouma for example). I'm baffled as to why he is  the clear first choice CB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.