• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 2

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, chelboy said:

I think he meant if the transfer ban never happened that circumstances would mean they would  not have been given the chance by the previous manager. He was talking about the transfer ban and how it changed things for the club. 

I really doubt he would have meant that - though no doubt it is what many fans want to believe.

5 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Saw an interview with SFL recently in which he says that without the transfer ban Mount may have gone on loan but Tomori definitely would have. 

I don't know if I'm alone in this but I find that assessment troubling as I thought Tomori has been our best centre half whenever he's played. 

Zouma and Christensen must be training like demons. 

Pure speculation even on Lampard's part.  They have known about the transfer ban from long before those decisions were taken.  Tomori staying was more about Luiz going than the ban.  Luiz going was a late decision.

I think without our BFG (Rudiger) Zouma is the most important defender.  With Rudiger  he is 4th choice.  
Tomori had a spell ahead of Christensen, and I doubt that there is much in it.

4 hours ago, King Kante said:

The problem since they have been together is that Kepa provides as much resistence as a wet paper bag. 

I watched just 3 minutes of the Spurs game, and saw Lloris come out to deal with 3 dipping crosses.  He dealt with one, but the other two lead to free headers towards an empty goal - 2 excellent examples of why Kepa does not come out for dipping crosses.  It is the right choice, yet fans criticise him for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

 

I watched just 3 minutes of the Spurs game, and saw Lloris come out to deal with 3 dipping crosses.  He dealt with one, but the other two lead to free headers towards an empty goal - 2 excellent examples of why Kepa does not come out for dipping crosses.  It is the right choice, yet fans criticise him for it.

Trouble is Droy..you forget how easy it is for fans take a dipping (or any) cross from the comfort of an easy chair or couch......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chara said:

Trouble is Droy..you forget how easy it is for fans take a dipping (or any) cross from the comfort of an easy chair or couch......

:) and how easy it is to judge where it will drop on the replay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

:) and how easy it is to judge where it will drop on the replay.

There you go ..I get it right every time from my couch..easy peasy....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I really doubt he would have meant that - though no doubt it is what many fans want to believe.

Pure speculation even on Lampard's part.  They have known about the transfer ban from long before those decisions were taken.  Tomori staying was more about Luiz going than the ban.  Luiz going was a late decision.

I think without our BFG (Rudiger) Zouma is the most important defender.  With Rudiger  he is 4th choice.  
Tomori had a spell ahead of Christensen, and I doubt that there is much in it.

I watched just 3 minutes of the Spurs game, and saw Lloris come out to deal with 3 dipping crosses.  He dealt with one, but the other two lead to free headers towards an empty goal - 2 excellent examples of why Kepa does not come out for dipping crosses.  It is the right choice, yet fans criticise him for it.

If his issues where limited to dealing with dipping crosses then I think that a lot of people would be happy with him. However, his lacking of coming for crosses is one of many flaws. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bison said:

What has Rudiger actually done to be first choice besides return from injury? We haven't improved defensively since he's been back in the team and he is error prone (no less than Zouma for example). I'm baffled as to why he is  the clear first choice CB.

Rudi is not a world class CB but he is better than the other three. I agree that he has an error in him but he does not have as many as Zouma who has so many flaws in my book, I do not want to go over them again. It in regards to Rudi helps massively that he is a bit of a bast*rd as he is one of the few players that actually puts it about a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
52 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I really doubt he would have meant that - though no doubt it is what many fans want to believe.

 

No. Frank has said before that he would have played Mount whether or not they had a transfer ban. The question he was asked about was to do with the transfer ban. Transfer ban or not he would have had Mount in the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chelboy said:

No. Frank has said before that he would have played Mount whether or not they had a transfer ban. The question he was asked about was to do with the transfer ban. Transfer ban or not he would have had Mount in the team. 

I think you have just confirmed what I said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Diddymen   

Don’t have a good feeling about this game and the inevitable drop out of the champions league place ☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

Don’t have a good feeling about this game and the inevitable drop out of the champions league place ☹️

I'm the opposite,  have a ridiculously good feeling about the game, I think we will win and win comfortably and I'm absolutely buzzing for it. Can not wait for it. I have 3 days off so getting up there nice and early and getting on it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.