• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 2

Just now, paulw66 said:

The one area frank can take some blame is his use of Giroud. Baffling

What frustrates me is the reticence to change things completely and play both Giroud and Bats at the same time , especially when nothing else is working .

I don't understand what the issue is .

5 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I would have loved to see Sarriball without Hazard and these players minus the youth! . Alonso and Azpi ahead of James, Barkley ahead of Mount ,Pedro ahead of CHO and Giroud ahead of Tammy. If you think Sarri would have bought into what we are trying to do here then you’re way off. 

I have been watching his Juve side struggle to play his football and bailed out time again by Ronaldo and Dybala. Sarri wouldn’t get us top 4 with this team and is way too inflexible in his ways. 

Spot on. Ronaldo bailing the team out week after week.

Leo91   

Why am I listening to talkSPORT. Some idiot callers.

1 minute ago, Original 21 said:

When we’re reduced to a front three of Willian, Pedro and Batshuayi, then you know you’re just hoping for a lucky break. We were going to need everything to go our way to get something with our starting line up. Really not the night for the VAR official to have a meltdown.

Saying that, Giroud should have got the nod ahead of Batshuayi tonight. Lampard really not helping himself. 

Going to take an almighty turn of form to stop us sliding down the table now.

Yep tonight was not the night for mis fortune and a var debacle. People can give Lamps a kicking if they want but I saw what happened tonight and we played ok but were cheated. 

Ham   
Just now, Mark Kelly said:

What frustrates me is the reticence to change things completely and play both Giroud and Bats at the same time , especially when nothing else is working .

I don't understand what the issue is .

Sorry Mark but even though I'd like to see 2 up front every now and then, I never want to see that clueless Muppet Batshite anywhere near the pitch. Literally anyone but him. 

Doesn't even understand the offside rule.  I feel genuine hatred for him and that's wrong. 

1 minute ago, NoblyBobly said:

but were cheated. 

We were? Sorry, but I must have missed that bit. For most of the game we were ok back-to-middle. But as soon as the ball went further forward, we were clueless. 

4 minutes ago, Ham said:

Batshite aside, it's fairness and luck we need, not form. Generally our form is ok. 

As is the way we play football.

There are soooooo many positives to take from this season its unreal. I just can't get my head around the negativity. We have no right to be even competing in this league yet we find ourselves 4th with just a third of the season left. 

Do some people not realise we have spent the season playing with 4 or 5 youth team players regularly starting games.

Well that was nostalgic.  A couple of games at Spurs apart, I haven't seen reffing like that since the mid-noughties when we were the people's enemy.

2 hours ago, chelboy said:

Christensen on Maguire is going to be a problem. 

Well that was a good call.  Actually Christensen on Martial was a problem, Rudiger on Macguire was a problem and shortly afterwards Zouma on Macguire (when Azpi cleared heading over) was a problem.  I think every one against one contest near the 6 yard box was lost by our CBs.  

It does explain why we concede so many more actual goals than the chances suggest.  (And Kepa is not the key issue).

15 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

To be even competing in this league, let alone at the level we are, with the players we have is a phenomenal achievement.

There is so much to look forward to in the future if we as club, and fans, show a little patience. 

Yes.  I think earlier in the season when we were 4th getting enough points to be 5th or 6th most seasons it flattered us.  We are now both playing and getting the results that a team made up of these players would expect.

Players or manager?

Man U are getting their best results against the better teams.  They beat us 3 times already.  We are getting our best results against weak teams.
In general I'd say that this means OGS is a crap manager and Frank is doing alright.

Looking to the future there seems to be an awful lot of work before the future starts to look bright.  I'm confident the board will do it, but it will take a long time.

We started with Just 2 Academy players, and finished with a front line aged 96.
18 months ago I would have said that Kepa, Azpi, Alonso, Rudiger, Jorginho, Fabregas, Kante, hazard and Willian were all top class players, supported by a bunch of nonentities.
Now it is Rudiger, Jorginho and Kante, and none of them are playing as well as a year ago.

Reffing

Loads of crazy decisions - the only one I could agree with was our 3rd disallowed goal for offside.  (I'm counting Mount hitting the post as the second as Bats was about to tap the ball over the line when the ref blew for handball - weird in itself - surely he should have waited and given us a VAR chance).
Worst IMO was the yellow to Fred.  Crazy - Martial on the floor, and 3 Chelsea players lead by Azpi charge over not to the ref but to Martial.  Too right Fred gets in between them and his team mate lying prone on the floor.  What was the ref thinking (and Azpi should get carded for that - he is only doing what other pros do all the time, being uber professional, and I appreciate that he does that - but the ref should judge better than that)

Essentially the ref had lost it by then.  And the VAR offside was taken out of his hands so he couldn't even correct for the errors the men in the can had already made.

1 minute ago, GURJ SS said:
6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:
7 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

What we required to ensure we keep a top 4 position was to keep Sarri, but he was hounded out with pitchforks. The club adjusted and took us in a different direction, this direction was never going to see an improvement and especially under the circumstances.

I think he came here as he was too chicken to go directly to Juve from Napoli .

Regardless, he was still hounded with pitchforks, even with everything against him he was able to get us into the top 4, had he been given support he'd have probably had us fighting at the top.

I don't think the oiks with pitchforks matter that much in the grand scheme of things.  If the club listened to them we have not titles at all.
MK is half right I guess.  Not so much chicken, but Napoli weren't going to allow him to go direct to Juve.  

2 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

We were? Sorry, but I must have missed that bit. For most of the game we were ok back-to-middle. But as soon as the ball went further forward, we were clueless. 

Yes we were. 100%.

How was Maguire not sent off?

Changes everything. 

• Like 1