• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 2

kratos   
3 minutes ago, I_Hate_red said:

12 points in front and comfortable. 
shocking form

Unfortunately I don't see where it's going to improve from here. Aside from the decisions we are a seriously soft team.

GURJ SS   
47 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I would have loved to see Sarriball without Hazard and these players minus the youth! . Alonso and Azpi ahead of James, Barkley ahead of Mount ,Pedro ahead of CHO and Giroud ahead of Tammy. If you think Sarri would have bought into what we are trying to do here then you’re way off. 

I have been watching his Juve side struggle to play his football and bailed out time again by Ronaldo and Dybala. Sarri wouldn’t get us top 4 with this team and is way too inflexible in his ways. 

He'd have made it work, much to the disappointment of many. His football style and method was very rigid but it worked, we had two other managers who were adamant it was going to be their way or no way and they were Jose and Conte. The club decided on using the youth and got a manager to do it, but any established manager who wanted to win something and ensure a top 4 finish would do what Sarri did, and would do. I'm not knocking the club or Lampard for this new direction, just simply stating that we as a club are different now and if anything the fans need to accept that we are likely to be a top 6 team and a lucky top 4 just like Man U, Spurs, Arsenal will be; at least for a while. Unless we buy big, but if we do that we can't wait on youngsters to come good if we've got a ready made player. Next season as it stands Pulisic and Ziyech are our best and most complete wingers, so this whole 'youth' setup will only work if we don't make many big signings, because if we sign a world class striker then Tammy will have to sit out; unless somehow we're all expecting a world class striker to come in and wait for an hour on the bench to give the young lad a chance first. If prefer us to not sign huge players and give the young guys a chance because if we sign some big names they'll simply be walking into our side and none of the youth will be deserving of a chance if they're not good enough to get ahead of the competition.

Just now, I_Hate_red said:

shocking form

Were we really 12 clear from 5th at one stage? Before the City game I'm guessing. 

GURJ SS   
58 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

No Gurj , I think he wanted to go , didn't enjoy it here and always wanted Juve .

I don't hold that against him whatsoever.

The last third of the season I agree, but he clearly came here with a plan when Jorge arrived with him and there were strong rumours of a few more Napoli players coming in.

Edited by GURJ SS

2 minutes ago, I_Hate_red said:

shocking form

I think we can all agree our form has been poor.

The question is should we ever have been where we were and are some getting unduly wound up because we had our expectations raised by what was always a false position?

To finish in the top 6 with the team we have would be an outrageous achievement.

4 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Were we really 12 clear from 5th at one stage? Before the City game I'm guessing. 

Yes I believe so. 4 League wins since 10th of november

1 minute ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Yes we were - it was pretty outrageous that we had got so many points from some pretty average performances though.  I think where Martin is coming from, and I am, is that we knew that that position was no proper reflection of how we were playing or where we deserved to be.  And that was when we were playing much better than I thought we could.

This is a poor squad, The cleansing of Augean Stables has barely begun. 

What was the elbow on Christensen like?  I missed a chunk of the game, but I am assured that should have been one of many Reds against Man U.  

Ham   
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

What was the elbow on Christensen like?  I missed a chunk of the game, but I am assured that should have been one of many Reds against Man U.  

I'm pretty sure it wasn't even looked at. 

Leo91   
3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Looked accidental. Was nasty though for it to bleed.