• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 2

chelboy   
9 minutes ago, GURJ SS said:

He'd have made it work, much to the disappointment of many. His football style and method was very rigid but it worked, we had two other managers who were adamant it was going to be their way or no way and they were Jose and Conte. The club decided on using the youth and got a manager to do it, but any established manager who wanted to win something and ensure a top 4 finish would do what Sarri did, and would do. I'm not knocking the club or Lampard for this new direction, just simply stating that we as a club are different now and if anything the fans need to accept that we are likely to be a top 6 team and a lucky top 4 just like Man U, Spurs, Arsenal will be; at least for a while. Unless we buy big, but if we do that we can't wait on youngsters to come good if we've got a ready made player. Next season as it stands Pulisic and Ziyech are our best and most complete wingers, so this whole 'youth' setup will only work if we don't make many big signings, because if we sign a world class striker then Tammy will have to sit out; unless somehow we're all expecting a world class striker to come in and wait for an hour on the bench to give the young lad a chance first. If prefer us to not sign huge players and give the young guys a chance because if we sign some big names they'll simply be walking into our side and none of the youth will be deserving of a chance if they're not good enough to get ahead of the competition.

How would he have made it work? What are you basing that on? About 80% of this team would struggle to play a rigid system like Sarriball. It wouldn’t work with the players we have. Watching Barkley attempting to figure out what to do only to be subbed off for Kova at 60 mins. All of this while Mount probably barely gets a look in. 

Lets be real if he had stayed we would have extended Higuain loan. Would you really be comfortable with Higuain and Giroud playing for the season in which Tammy probably would have had enough with the lack of chances making him leave? Higuain a 32 yr old and Giroud 33 leading us to top 4?  33 yr old Pedro over CHO?   Didn’t Sarri also want Hysaj? That 29 yr old RB that we never needed. Would have just blocked James path. I couldn’t think of a more depressing situation long term for us than seeing all of that happen and I am pretty sure most of that would have happened. 

chelboy   
13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

This is a poor squad, The cleansing of Augean Stables has barely begun. 

I think our first eleven is a top 4-6 side. It’s what’s outside that eleven that is very poor. Pretty much relegation standard some of the squad players. 

We have some genuine young talent. We have a young and potentially very talented coach. We have played some great football this season .   We have big money to spend( I would hope) in the summer having spend nothing in last 2 windows. We did not have any great expectations for this season ...most of us would have accepted top 6.. and Of course we have been racked by injuries all season 

How about sitting tight and giving the coach a chance? 

paulw66   
46 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

The ball hits Bats raised hand from a Man U header about 1 second earlier.  Not that is should have been given 

Under the new rules if it touches the arm or hand, a goal can't be given. 

It would have been overturned by Var 

paulw66   
1 minute ago, NoblyBobly said:

We have some genuine young talent. We have a young and potentially very talented coach. We have played some great football this season .   We have big money to spend( I would hope) in the summer having spend nothing in last 2 windows. We did not have any great expectations for this season ...most of us would have accepted top 6.. and Of course we have been racked by injuries all season 

How about sitting tight and giving the coach a chance? 

Why is it we are getting so many injuries?  Are we rushing players back too soon? 

27 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Looked accidental. Was nasty though for it to bleed.

christensen willian.mkv

The Christensen incident immediately followed by a replay of the Willian dive.
For me that is Red to Martial, probably yellow to the Man U defender and no yellow to Willian.
2nd Christensen angle makes it clear Martial knew what he was doing.

And then there was the high kick late on by I think Fernandes where he has a quick glance to see where James is coming from.
2 out of 3 disallowed goals were wrong, a straight Red and one or two 2nd yellows were missed.
This was a game straight out of the mid-naughties - nostalgic - except we managed to win those.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Why is it we are getting so many injuries?  Are we rushing players back too soon? 

I'd like to think that rather we are refusing to rush players back that makes it look like we have more and longer lasting injuries.
I think that started with Sarri (or rather was a reaction by the medical team to JM and Conte who I suspect pushed too hard).

No body should be risked in the Prem while we are still in the CL.

24 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I think our first eleven is a top 4-6 side. It’s what’s outside that eleven that is very poor. Pretty much relegation standard some of the squad players. 

Rather 4 to 6 players are suitable for a top 6 players.  It is what is outside the top 6 that is poor.  What is outside the fist 16 is dire.

4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

christensen willian.mkv

The Christensen incident immediately followed by a replay of the Willian dive.
For me that is Red to Martial, probably yellow to the Man U defender and no yellow to Willian.
2nd Christensen angle makes it clear Martial knew what he was doing.

And then there was the high kick late on by I think Fernandes where he has a quick glance to see where James is coming from.
2 out of 3 disallowed goals were wrong, a straight Red and one or two 2nd yellows were missed.
This was a game straight out of the mid-naughties - nostalgic - except we managed to win those.

I heard Dermot Whatshisface on talksport saying that McGuires ball breaker was not a red but probably a yellow!! Reason being the "lack of force" in the blow. He also thought Zoumas goal should have been chalked off  because Azpi was only pushed a little bit with one arm  but he subsequently pushed his player a bit harder with two arms. Therefore we deduce that a push is not always a push, a boot in the nuts is not always a boot in the nuts but a toenail offside is ALWAYS a toenail off side. 

And despite me thinking and hoping things might one day change, a Chelsea game will always be reffed with a wink and a nod...var or no var.  

• Like 1

Blue Rod   
2 hours ago, GURJ SS said:

Jose, Conte, Sarri.

Lampard may one day be as good as any of those, but he still has a long way to go. What we required to ensure we keep a top 4 position was to keep Sarri, but he was hounded out with pitchforks. The club adjusted and took us in a different direction, this direction was never going to see an improvement and especially under the circumstances.

All those three are accomplished managers each with their own flaws. My worry over Lampard, unlike any of the above, is that the fundamentals of football is completely lacking. We are passing the ball very well but without any aim or purpose

Our individual skills on the ball and our passing is up there with the best in the league. That is why I don't buy the idea that the problem with goal creation can be solved with new signings. I believe that with a competent manager, this team is capable of creating and scoring goals. 

As much as I didn't think Sarri was A-list  European manager,  the appointment of Lampard took me by surprise.