• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 2

25 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

And despite me thinking and hoping things might one day change, a Chelsea game will always be reffed with a wink and a nod...var or no var.  

Yet the Clatt said Red apparently.
VAR has always been a way to disguise more and more bias while attributing less and less blame to any referee.  More bias, less responsibility.

Based on a false premise - that random decisions are inherently bad (rubbish) but that bias cannot be admitted to exist and therefore should not be addressed.
Randomness is a feature in sport - always has been.  Bias is the fault.

Leo91   

Anyway I'm not surprised anymore with the officiating. The Arsenal home game showed that. What worries me is the midfield dynamic. I dont have a dog in the fight but Jorginhos usefulness in the team flip flops from week to week. I forgot he was playing today.

Leo91   
6 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

All those three are accomplished managers each with their own flaws. My worry over Lampard, unlike any of the above, is that the fundamentals of football is completely lacking. We are passing the ball very well but without any aim or purpose

Our individual skills on the ball and our passing is up there with the best in the league. That is why I don't buy the idea that the problem with goal creation can be solved with new signings. I believe that with a competent manager, this team is capable of creating and scoring goals. 

As much as I didn't think Sarri was A-list  European manager,  the appointment of Lampard took me by surprise. 

Sarri had 30 years of managerial experience and it was utter turgid stuff watching us see the season out passing it side to side. Things haven't got much better with Juve with a lot of fans questioning his decision making. We're creating much more chances this season from where sitting.

2 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Sarri had 30 years of managerial experience and it was utter turgid stuff watching us see the season out passing it side to side.

Where were you the year before?

Leo91   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Where were you the year before?

Erased from memory. Two utterly boring years. We finally get a modern day manager and people are throwing their toys of the pram. There's no magical cure, it's going to take time and I'd rather we gave it to Frank than anyone else. Some of the wins this season has meant more than any other in the past two which is weird considering we won two trophies.

Edited by Leo91

Blue Rod   
5 hours ago, Leo91 said:

Sarri had 30 years of managerial experience and it was utter turgid stuff watching us see the season out passing it side to side. Things haven't got much better with Juve with a lot of fans questioning his decision making. We're creating much more chances this season from where sitting.

I was being kind and fair to Sarri as I didn't want the Sarri brigade to turn this into a debate about him. I was glad we got rid of him. And I peedicted he would underperform Allegri at Juve.

But this is about Frank Lampard. No one said we must replace an older average manager with a completely clueless one. I don't think we are starting to look anywhere like a team, even playing against lower division teams. People can go back to their comfort argument of who we should sign, and all that. But this team needs coaching direction. We just haven't got one at the minute. 

There is a point when you can say, we're playing well, I wish we just had that little bit of quality. I can say that about some of the lower ranking teams that we've come against, but we are nowhere near that point, I'm afraid. Talk of the sideways passing of Sarriball, I think we are actually doing that at the moment but without the results. 

Our table position is a gift from a new manager's honeymoon that has since come to you its end. 

Edited by Blue Rod

chelboy   
7 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

I believe that with a competent manager, this team is capable of creating and scoring goals. 

Which players create and score the goals under a different manager? Considering we have no playmakers and 1 reliable goal scorer I would be interested to know which players can play these roles and start pulling out goals and assists from thin air. 

I think the refs on var duty should all be retired referees as they don't work with the refs who are officiating now, plus there should be an ex player sitting alongside him, the ex players know if a player meant a foul (maguire pleading his innocence), Keane and Carragher both said he should have gone, but Dermot Gallagher said he believed it should have only been a yellow!

Having Got back from the Bridge and managed the night without calling Dignitas ... what a depressing evening’s entertainment.

our build up was fine, despite what some here seem to think, and we must surely have had more attempts at getting to the goal, but time and again our conversion rate let us down: Bats simply doesn’t seem to have faith in himself, and while Pedro worked his socks off in midfield, but has forgotten his shooting boots. And Dave Is becoming anonymous. Our Defense, if anything, seems to be settling slowly. Time for change, but not Frank, not yet.

The main issue for me was the damage to the atmosphere caused by VAR: if the FA can’t fix this for next season, then the game will lose support. I was one who - rarely for me - left after the second ‘goal’, and the conversation of Everyone around me leaving the ground concerned how VAR was ruining the game - no criticism of the team (bar Bats) at all.

Bison   
6 hours ago, Leo91 said:

Erased from memory. Two utterly boring years. We finally get a modern day manager and people are throwing their toys of the pram. There's no magical cure, it's going to take time and I'd rather we gave it to Frank than anyone else. Some of the wins this season has meant more than any other in the past two which is weird considering we won two trophies.

If modern is playing badly and losing often then I don't want it.

Truth is there is nothing modern about him. He's just a bad manager.