• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 2

36 minutes ago, Bison said:

If modern is playing badly and losing often then I don't want it.

Truth is there is nothing modern about him. He's just a bad manager.

I think you're being a tad harsh  here Bison. 

It's far from perfect at the moment and I am beginning to have concerns about what exactly we do all week in training. 

But, and it's a big but, look at that squad, they are essentially the poor squad that Hazard carried plus a bunch of kids who haven't let anyone down yet. 

We need a clear out, we've got more dead wood than the Mary Rose at the moment and the players that should be showing the youth the way are in turn being shown up.

We have also been decimated by injury with Pulisic out forever , RLC vanishing from memory and Kante who's been overplayed terribly having a dreadful season 

Personally, if we don't get into the Champions league then I'd rather we swerved the Europa league too to allow Lampard and Morris a better chance of getting their ideas over with only one game per week to worry about. 

But the board must help, and buy the type of players the coach wants not the ones that fit their own requirements. 

bert19   
9 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

I heard Dermot Whatshisface on talksport saying that McGuires ball breaker was not a red but probably a yellow!! Reason being the "lack of force" in the blow. He also thought Zoumas goal should have been chalked off  because Azpi was only pushed a little bit with one arm  but he subsequently pushed his player a bit harder with two arms. Therefore we deduce that a push is not always a push, a boot in the nuts is not always a boot in the nuts but a toenail offside is ALWAYS a toenail off side. 

And despite me thinking and hoping things might one day change, a Chelsea game will always be reffed with a wink and a nod...var or no var.  

Felt like the old days under Fergie, us getting done over by the Ref on multiple occasions to guarantee a United result

54 minutes ago, blue moon said:

Having Got back from the Bridge and managed the night without calling Dignitas ... what a depressing evening’s entertainment.

our build up was fine, despite what some here seem to think, and we must surely have had more attempts at getting to the goal, but time and again our conversion rate let us down: Bats simply doesn’t seem to have faith in himself, and while Pedro worked his socks off in midfield, but has forgotten his shooting boots. And Dave Is becoming anonymous. Our Defense, if anything, seems to be settling slowly. Time for change, but not Frank, not yet.

The main issue for me was the damage to the atmosphere caused by VAR: if the FA can’t fix this for next season, then the game will lose support. I was one who - rarely for me - left after the second ‘goal’, and the conversation of Everyone around me leaving the ground concerned how VAR was ruining the game - no criticism of the team (bar Bats) at all.

Yes the joy of a goal has gone. Frustration is then sometimes compounded by an incorrect var.  That is not what we pay our hard earned money for. We jump up and down , punch the air, hug a stranger then some one in a room somewhere is deciding that Aspi pushed someone a little harder than someone pushed him. And of course it could well be agrued that without the first push there would never have been a second push. If you are pushed in the back the first instinct is to put your arms out. Can var tell me I'm wrong it that assumption? Well they have by making up their own scenario of events. And this is it:

Dave intended to foul a player. He was not really near enough when the ball came over but he was assisted by a United player who nudged him nearer to his intended target . We are not sure of the intention of this nudge on Daves back , or indeed if there even was one. Dave probably concocted the whole thing in a nano second and just guessed that someone was near him. Clear and obvious mistake by ref. Cancel goal. 

're Giroud.  That " goal" he scored was great. Forget his big toe being off side. Bats had his opportunity and blew it. Giroud came on and scored almost at once with a quite brilliant header. 

I appreciate the tough job Lampard has got and the bad luck he is getting with injuries and refs but if he cannot fundamentally see that Bats is a busted flush then he is being blindsided. Giroud is better...full stop. Alonso would probably be better. Any striker bought in the window would be better.  

However decision to drop Keppa was spot on if not a little late in the day. That will be a big bonus for us going forward. 

Edited by NoblyBobly

Holymoly   

The people on this and other threads calling for the manager's sacking need to leave us now. This was never going to be an easy season with Hazard leaving and no opportunity to strengthen in the summer. The start we had seems to have convinced people we were the finished article which obviously we're not, and it's not the fault of the kids. When the going started to get tough and we needed the vets to step up and steady the boat they were all found wanting. This season was always going to be one of consolidation and assessment to confirm what we actually needed to buy. City being chucked out of Europe next season gives us a little latitude but we now need to start converting chances and begin winning. Unfortunately we have the Scum coming up but fingers crossed we can stay in the top 5. Last night was disappointing but hopefully we are beginning to find out who needs to come in and who needs to go. Onwards and upwards.

Jasonb   
9 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

I heard Dermot Whatshisface on talksport saying that McGuires ball breaker was not a red but probably a yellow!! Reason being the "lack of force" in the blow. He also thought Zoumas goal should have been chalked off  because Azpi was only pushed a little bit with one arm  but he subsequently pushed his player a bit harder with two arms. Therefore we deduce that a push is not always a push, a boot in the nuts is not always a boot in the nuts but a toenail offside is ALWAYS a toenail off side. 

And despite me thinking and hoping things might one day change, a Chelsea game will always be reffed with a wink and a nod...var or no var.  

I was disappointed with the Azpi push if you look at Fred with his one handed push he turns his body to get weight behind it. Wrong decision.

I found the lack of focus on the Martial v Christensen challenge concerning, looked an elbow to me. 

Ham   

With everyone complaining about how long it takes to make VAR decisions these days, my biggest concern is actually how quickly VAR decisions against us are made.

Literally seconds.

Batshite was still rolling around on the pitch clutching his Jacobs' when we heard "VAR complete".

Also concerned at how a referee and VAR official can officiate this when both are from Manchester. 

• Like 1

Well that was a pile of crap, wasn't it? The referee was awful, VAR is a joke and Giroud and Bats combining to show exactly why Giroud should be back up to Tammy... surely Frank sees that now?

I don't even want to go into the details, it was just too frustrating.

Hopefully, the result of my interview will be better than this result.

Spurs on Saturday is now HUGE! It's season-defining for us. We could be as low as 7th by the end of the weekend and I don't see these players having the mentality to get us back into it. Win against Spurs and we can forget this result and hopefully push on.

We can still get 4th, but it's going to be bloody hard and very tense until the end of the season. But that's what the PL wanted, as clearly seen by VAR performance last night.

paulw66   
7 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

We can still get 4th, but it's going to be bloody hard and very tense until the end of the season. But that's what the PL wanted, as clearly seen by VAR performance last night.

I don't think we can any more. Our home reocrd is just a joke. 

There are some mitigating circumstances for SFL, but we should be able to at least do the basics, like defend set pieces. And anyone (and I mean ANYONE) can see that Bats isn't up to it, but Giroud is sitting on the bench getting piles. I really don't get it. 

Dingus   
41 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Well that was a pile of crap, wasn't it? The referee was awful, VAR is a joke and Giroud and Bats combining to show exactly why Giroud should be back up to Tammy... surely Frank sees that now?

I don't even want to go into the details, it was just too frustrating.

Hopefully, the result of my interview will be better than this result.

Spurs on Saturday is now HUGE! It's season-defining for us. We could be as low as 7th by the end of the weekend and I don't see these players having the mentality to get us back into it. Win against Spurs and we can forget this result and hopefully push on.

Well Son is now confirmed out as injured with a fractured arm so we might sneak a draw.