• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 2

Ham   
2 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

We're hardly creating any clear cut chance in any match these days. Even the best strikes would misplace their shots sometimes

I'm not just talking about our strikers.  Our shooting is just appalling. 

And it's not just sometimes.  It's 95% of the time.  

I can't explain why but it's definitely not the fault of SFL. 

Blue Rod   
Just now, Ham said:

Okay, if Willian, Mount, Abraham, Batshuayi,  Pedro,  Giroud, Jorginho, Kovacic, Barkley, CHO, Pulisic, etc are all shooting 95% off target, then either there is something in the water or something in the manager. 

6 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I don't think we can any more. Our home reocrd is just a joke. 

There are some mitigating circumstances for SFL, but we should be able to at least do the basics, like defend set pieces. And anyone (and I mean ANYONE) can see that Bats isn't up to it, but Giroud is sitting on the bench getting piles. I really don't get it. 

Home form is very worrying. Apparently we are 12th! In the league when looking at home form.

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

don't know if anyone has commented, but Maguire clearly got away with it as he is an England regular, hero-from-the-WC2018

Kane and Alli are two others who have got away with absymal fouls in recent times 

Some Manc defended Maguire by saying that he has done what he did when his kid was about to fall on him. The fact he was wearing studs clearly lost on him.

41 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Okay, if Willian, Mount, Abraham, Batshuayi,  Pedro,  Giroud, Jorginho, Kovacic, Barkley, CHO, Pulisic, etc are all shooting 95% off target, then either there is something in the water or something in the manager. 

Pulisic? Who is he, the guy never plays.

Once again we make a second rate Man Utd side look like world beaters, and the ref was absolute pish.  Fatty McGuire should have been charged for ABH, if one of our players did it ky, BT Sport, Talks***e and others would have gone mad, hat tackle was reminiscent of Keane, Roson, Ince, Cantona, Scholes, Butt et all at their dirtiest.  Once again, we were abysmal.  Losing Kante early o was a massive blow, Bats was very very poor again, Jorginho was a passenger and ditto Pedro.  At least Kepa wasn't in goal, but Caballero certainly isn't the answer, a new keeer in the summer is essential as is a new left back, Dave looks well past his best, and Alonso and Emerson are simply not good enough.  Giroud should be in instead of Bats, he did more in 20 odd minutes than Bats has done in the ,past few games.  And there's no point in sacking Frank, who would we get instead?  Give Frank a couple of transfer windows.

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

I watched Sky pundits Kean and Carra with interest. They had quietly acknowledged Maguire was lucky to be in the pitch as his boot was shown thrusting into the crutch of Bats, but then after Lampard and then Azpi interview where the latter calmly made his point " I was defending corner, I was moving forward,  someone pushed me from behind into the United player" ....yes Dave that's what we all saw. However as we go back to a smirking Kean and Carra they both go into default mode . " Excuses excuses " smirks Kean. " It's an obvious foul" . The anchor asks about the push on Azpi. " That's never a penalty...just normal body contact" ( well that wasn't the question Roy but keep going) . He then grabs the anchor man's arm as an example of normal body contact in football. " It's no different to that is it?". The anchor man looked as confused as the rest of us. But the more important point had been made towards us . Stop whinging stop- making excuses -it's all in your own minds - you are Chelsea so suck it up. 

And the several yellows not given or given the wrong way, the high kick to James head by Fernandes, the nasty nasty elbow by Martial on Christensen*.  

christensen willian.mkv

I think Christensen is getting a reputation for bottling it, and he is going to get more of those sharp elbows in the general direction of the face.  The idea of course is not so much to damage the defender, but just Saunders like intimidation to discourage close marking.
The irony was of course that Christensen was actually being brave and getting in close.  He deserves credit for putting his face on the line in the first place.

7 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

're Giroud.  That " goal" he scored was great. Forget his big toe being off side. Bats had his opportunity and blew it. Giroud came on and scored almost at once with a quite brilliant header. 

However decision to drop Keppa was spot on if not a little late in the day. That will be a big bonus for us going forward. 

Giroud yes - good sign.
Kepa yes - great decision to protect Kepa from the idiots.  Imagine what they would have said if he had saved one, let in two unstoppables, because his CBs kept being beaten one on one.

Jasonb   
54 minutes ago, Ham said:

It may not be the fault of SFL yet he may be able to coach them to create shooting opportunities.

What bugs me is you can see them shaping up to shoot and you know it will be blocked, we are too transparent. 

Giroud should have been made the starting striker when he signed 2 years ago (still no idea why Morata was favoured over him when it was clear that Morata was not working out). 

His body language to indicate where he wants the pass played and his off the ball movement always impresses me whenever he gets his rare chance to play. The disallowed goal was the perfect example. 

The only competition he has been allowed to consistently start games was the Europa League, and he scored regularly there (notably the crucial first goal in the final). Fair enough the opposition was poorer than the average Prem fair (notably the final), but he can only prove himself in the situation that has been given to him.