• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 2

17 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Kepa yes - great decision to protect Kepa from the idiots.

Not sure what you mean here. I agree that because he's been so poor he tends to get blamed for everything, but that's because.....well he's been so poor. 

I think the "idiots" (if there are any and tbh its just mainly opinions) are the ones claiming he's been fine and there's absolutely nothing to worry about. He hasn't been fine and there is plenty to worry about. I have been saying for a while he should be dropped (more in hope than expectation) and I applaud Lampard for biting that very hard bullet. He may come back with his head straight and a better keeper. That's good management.

1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

Okay, if Willian, Mount, Abraham, Batshuayi,  Pedro,  Giroud, Jorginho, Kovacic, Barkley, CHO, Pulisic, etc are all shooting 95% off target, then either there is something in the water or something in the manager. 

Bats had a couple of super chances (and you don't get many in these games) and he fluffed them both....one was shocking. I have tried to support this player but I have given up. I was wrong. Lamps is entitled to expect better from a belgian international but I think and hope he has finally learned the truth. I have.

Leo91   

He has to get that cut back from Mount on target. Willians pass wasn't great to him but Bats could have positioned himself a little better. That shot he dragged wide on the right hand side of the box in the 1st half was pitiful. I don't think Giroud is the answer, in 28 league games last year he only scored 2. But it's time for his turn. 

29 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

It may not be the fault of SFL yet he may be able to coach them to create shooting opportunities.

What bugs me is you can see them shaping up to shoot and you know it will be blocked, we are too transparent. 

At least 3 times last night I was screaming SHOOT!!! but the player waits a second too long and the block or tackle is made. We carved chances last night no question. I thought our build up play was not bad but we missed several opportunities. Lets not forget we also scored two goals that initially looked fab goals until VAR did its work. 

17 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Giroud should have been made the starting striker when he signed 2 years ago (still no idea why Morata was favoured over him when it was clear that Morata was not working out). 

His body language to indicate where he wants the pass played and his off the ball movement always impresses me whenever he gets his rare chance to play. The disallowed goal was the perfect example. 

The only competition he has been allowed to consistently start games was the Europa League, and he scored regularly there (notably the crucial first goal in the final). Fair enough the opposition was poorer than the average Prem fair (notably the final), but he can only prove himself in the situation that has been given to him. 

yep, I think he is half decent. Attitude seems fine as well.

Leo91   
5 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

At least 3 times last night I was screaming SHOOT!!! but the player waits a second too long and the block or tackle is made. We carved chances last night no question. I thought our build up play was not bad but we missed several opportunities. Lets not forget we also scored two goals that initially looked fab goals until VAR did its work. 

Once or twice Kova had the ball after a surge from the middle and didn't let it rip once he got to the box. Hope Ziyech can offer that next season. 

8 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Once or twice Kova had the ball after a surge from the middle and didn't let it rip once he got to the box. Hope Ziyech can offer that next season. 

Kova played really well but goal scorer he aint. Jorhinho was back to his invisible self.

Blue Rod   

Well, just reading this forum on reaffirms my observation that nobody is playing well in this team, from goalkeepers to strikers. But somehow you must not put it that way or you'd be labelled a conspirationist. Those who kept going on about how Kante was hampering our attacking football must now wonder who we are actually attacking. 

2 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

The season for Sarri is still some way to go. Your 3.8 may soon become 3.5. Beside that, the Juvemtus forum paints a different picture. The new manager thing will be replaced by reality. 

3,8 per game? Boy he's some manager isn't he;) 

I don't care what some people may say on a forum. You only have to scroll through these forums to grasp it doesn't mean much. We can go by amassed points and in that department Sarri is doing just fine. He isn't underperforming but rather he continues to perform well. Funny that. 

A goal scorer is someone who scores goals. They dont have 4 legs and 6 arms. Goals are created and scored by the team. Our team is loaded with talented players who can score goals. We just need decent coaching. What happened to those players who were scoring goals earlier in the season? Did we sell them, or what? 

Thank you for clarifying that.. But there's a reason why the best creative players comes at a huge price premium. Hint: they do so because they score/create more goals. In football the team who scores most goals win the game. What a novelty. If you have more/less of those players it's easier/harder to score goals. Less goals = less points. Less points = lower league position. It's fairly linear. We have create dmore chances than Liverpool (only City have created more - our issue is scoring goals. Not creating chances. 

Why do you think teams at the bottom are the teams getting relegated? Because their team is full of Lionel Messis who somehow underperform or because they have players of lesser quality who score fewer goals? 

We have a huge isue with our performance in both boxes. Too many young and inexperienced players playing in key attacking positions and not any natural goalscorers. That shows massively. At the other end we have CBs who simply isn't top CBs. Again, at key moments it shows. I think we would be comfortably third in the league with one more goalscorer and one really good CB. That's how small margins tehre are, not to mention we've been royally screwed over by VAR on multiple occassions. It all counts, a few points here and a few points there. Quickly it becomes 10+ points not to mention what it does to the teams confidence and mental strength.  

We're hardly creating any clear cut chance in any match these days. Even the best strikers would misplace their shots sometimes. 

See above. We do, we simply don't put them away. How many chances did United create yesterday? More than us? Not a chance. 

2 hours ago, Bison said:

Interesting to see John Terry pointing out Rudiger's bad position for the first goal last night.

As I've said many time before, he is below average but somehow has the reputation of a solid defender.

It's so strange. His reputation somehow improved whilst out injured. 

He was due to be the saviour upon his return, but lo and behold, we're just as bad as we were without him.

Rüdiger is overrated. He's a slightly better version of Zouma imo. None of our current CBs would have been CB3 back in the days. 

chelboy   

A goal scorer is someone who scores goals. They dont have 4 legs and 6 arms. Goals are created and scored by the team. Our team is loaded with talented players who can score goals. We just need decent coaching. What happened to those players who were scoring goals earlier in the season? Did we sell them, or what? 

Who are these “talented players” that can score loads of goals? Go and look at the average these players score a season at this level. Everyone numbers is what you would expect. Thats the problem. You can say we missed Pulisic and RLC a big chunk of the season but everyone else is pretty much having a season you would expect. 

Earlier on in the season were teams not playing more open against us? It’s been obvious for months now especially at home that teams are just staying deep and waiting on our nervous defence to make a mistake. Yesterday Willian should put Bats in for 1-0. Bats had another good chance after a well worked move to make it 1-0. He doesn’t take it. Pedro has a good chance to score and doesn’t take it. United on the other hand take their chances.

We have the worst conversion rate in the league and you still think these “talented players” can score goals? Who did you expect to score yesterday? I was hoping for a set piece cause no one else gives me hope in that starting 11 from open play. Too many of them have made poor decisions in the final third and they aren’t good finishers either.