• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 2

Recommended Posts

chelboy   
49 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Kova played really well but goal scorer he aint. Jorhinho was back to his invisible self.

Kova and Mount had very good games yesterday. Much better from Mount. Not surprised about Kova though still POTY for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Not surprised about Kova though still POTY for me. 

Yesterday was the 4th or 5th time this season he has been picked on merit rather than on injury to Kante or Mount.
Even some of those were down to judicious resting of players. 
Someone disagrees with you, and it is not just me.
What I would say is that he and Caballero are the two bench players that might be on a top team's bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yesterday was the 4th or 5th time this season he has been picked on merit rather than on injury to Kante or Mount.
Even some of those were down to judicious resting of players. 
Someone disagrees with you, and it is not just me.
What I would say is that he and Caballero are the two bench players that might be on a top team's bench.

Kovacic has been my player of the year too. He's clearly this year's Matic to you as you have the same irrational blindness over him. 

Fabulous footballer surrounded by underperforming teammates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ham said:

Kovacic has been my player of the year too. He's clearly this year's Matic to you as you have the same irrational blindness over him. 

Fabulous footballer surrounded by underperforming teammates. 

I do believe Kovacic to be a more than competent player and Matic an incompetent one.  But to be fair to Matic - he was consistently a first choice player.  Kovacic got rotated with Barkley last year (though he did start more often than Barkley).  He is behind Jorginho for Jorginhos position, Kante for Kante's position and Mount for Mount's position.  That never happened to Matic until after JM left Man U.

He has mostly played the same role as Barkley/RLC/Mount with less effect.  Where you get fabulous from I really don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I do believe Kovacic to be a more than competent player and Matic an incompetent one.  But to be fair to Matic - he was consistently a first choice player.  Kovacic got rotated with Barkley last year (though he did start more often than Barkley).  He is behind Jorginho for Jorginhos position, Kante for Kante's position and Mount for Mount's position.  That never happened to Matic until after JM left Man U.

He has mostly played the same role as Barkley/RLC/Mount with less effect.  Where you get fabulous from I really don't know.

Well, if you like that you'll love this .

I think Kante is surplus to requirements , we should cash in on him and we play better when he doesn't play .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

He has mostly played the same role as Barkley/RLC/Mount with less effect.  

Nonsense. Barkley is an oaf who offers little. RLC has been out injured for so long people don't remember how he plays. And Mount has been up and down. 

Kovacic has been outstanding from what I've seen of him, and we look better when he's on the field, than when he's not.

But it's all about 'opinion' which is as it should be on these forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Well, if you like that you'll love this .

I think Kante is surplus to requirements , we should cash in on him and we play better when he doesn't play .

Bold very bold Mark, I think that some players in the team rely on his duracell bunny like energy a bit too much. Maybe he feels its time to move on anyway but you wouldnt know cause he's so damn polite (remember the world cup final?) to mention any frustrations he might have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, chelboy said:

Who are these “talented players” that can score loads of goals? Go and look at the average these players score a season at this level. Everyone numbers is what you would expect. Thats the problem. You can say we missed Pulisic and RLC a big chunk of the season but everyone else is pretty much having a season you would expect. 

Earlier on in the season were teams not playing more open against us? It’s been obvious for months now especially at home that teams are just staying deep and waiting on our nervous defence to make a mistake. Yesterday Willian should put Bats in for 1-0. Bats had another good chance after a well worked move to make it 1-0. He doesn’t take it. Pedro has a good chance to score and doesn’t take it. United on the other hand take their chances.

We have the worst conversion rate in the league and you still think these “talented players” can score goals? Who did you expect to score yesterday? I was hoping for a set piece cause no one else gives me hope in that starting 11 from open play. Too many of them have made poor decisions in the final third and they aren’t good finishers either. 

Did you have to add "loads" to goals to make your point? Maybe you are not quite sure that your point can stand for itself without a big dose of exaggeration. So tell me, when these same players were scoring goals earlier in the season, were they all fluking it? I seem to remember them scoring goals in all sorts of situations.

Our conversion rate is not nearly as big a problem  as our creation rate. I have seen smaller teams come to the bridge and create more gilt edge chances than us. 

We are losing points not because the players that started the season have suddenly had leg or brain transplant. The team is systematically dysfunctional at the moment, from the best to the worst players. We are as dysfunctional against relegation strugglers as we are against top teams. If anything, it's the  individual brilliance of some players that has kept us in contention for 4th place so far

I can see so many of our fans in denial of the scale and nature of our problem. It's less troubling to think we can sign a playmaker here and a striker there, and we're fixed. I'm afraid, it ain't so. 

Edited by Blue Rod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, kennypaul said:

Bold very bold Mark, I think that some players in the team rely on his duracell bunny like energy a bit too much. Maybe he feels its time to move on anyway but you wouldnt know cause he's so damn polite (remember the world cup final?) to mention any frustrations he might have.

He's a very good player but not where we play him unfortunately , he needs to play in a two with a holding midfielder to anchor to and mop up all the loose balls before giving it to the passers / suppliers .

I suppose we're stymied because of Jorginhos lack of pace and physicality so we need a three there to compensate and all is see Kante doing is running about a lot .

He has two touches in the first two minutes last night and gave the ball away twice .

If PSG want him we should cash in and invest the money where we need it more .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dingus   
54 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Well, if you like that you'll love this .

I think Kante is surplus to requirements , we should cash in on him and we play better when he doesn't play .

Literally got lambasted for saying this a little while ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now