• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 2

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, The_Ghost said:

Sure - the most overrated bunch of refs in Europe no doubt. But there was fewer mistakes without VAR. It’s damning there are more with it. 

It was never intended to correct anything. Just to exaggerate the already established narrative. 

I'm sure once it's achieved its objectives and ended a thirty year wait it'll be canned .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mark Kelly said:

I'm sure once it's achieved its objectives and ended a thirty year wait it'll be canned .

The VAR Champions of 2019/20. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

So. The whole game is ranting about the Lo Celso red card today. Where was the outrage for the McGuire incident? Arguably worse I think as it was real intent in what he did to Bats. 

Where is the outrage for the Martial elbow on Christensen  - far worse than anything Lo Celso, Son, MacGuire or the Spurs goalposts have done.
It was only replayed once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jasonb   
23 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Where is the outrage for the Martial elbow on Christensen  - far worse than anything Lo Celso, Son, MacGuire or the Spurs goalposts have done.
It was only replayed once.

I agree that should have been looked at more and thought strange at the time when they said he had blood coming from his mouth, thinking that must be a broken nose.

MOTD once again ignored it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51619037

"A Manchester United fans group has written an open letter to the mayor of Bruges, complaining of what they call "deplorable treatment" during their trip to the city ... blah blah blah ...In the letter, MUST also alleged:

  • fans had been "deliberately sent in the wrong direction on long detours"
  • there was "almost universal hostility from police when they were approached for assistance/directions"
  • exit gates in the stadium were "locked leading to the build up of crowds and the risk of a crush developing"."

Sounds like Bruges has the right idea - maybe an idea for when they next visit us. 

Nothing to do with last week's match, but I couldn't think of where else to put it. Perhaps it's time we had a "Taking the P*** out of Moanchester United" forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
12 hours ago, blue moon said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51619037

"A Manchester United fans group has written an open letter to the mayor of Bruges, complaining of what they call "deplorable treatment" during their trip to the city ... blah blah blah ...In the letter, MUST also alleged:

  • fans had been "deliberately sent in the wrong direction on long detours"
  • there was "almost universal hostility from police when they were approached for assistance/directions"
  • exit gates in the stadium were "locked leading to the build up of crowds and the risk of a crush developing"."

Sounds like Bruges has the right idea - maybe an idea for when they next visit us. 

Nothing to do with last week's match, but I couldn't think of where else to put it. Perhaps it's time we had a "Taking the P*** out of Moanchester United" forum.

If you've ever been away in Europe to watch Chelsea, you will know that English fans get treated like animals. 

I am glad people are speaking up about it. 

The best experience I have had away was Lille this year. No issues with the police at all. Compare that to Turin, Barca, Madrid, Paris, Maribor.........all shockers. Schalke was ok from memory too but generally it is a big negative of away European travel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

If you've ever been away in Europe to watch Chelsea, you will know that English fans get treated like animals. 

I am glad people are speaking up about it. 

The best experience I have had away was Lille this year. No issues with the police at all. Compare that to Turin, Barca, Madrid, Paris, Maribor.........all shockers. Schalke was ok from memory too but generally it is a big negative of away European travel. 

Have to agree .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alas, I have - Prague, Madrid, Barcelona ... actually wasn't treated too bad, to be honest. But maybe I was just lucky. English police on the other hand (thinking Doncaster, Bradford ...) have been most unpleasant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
14 minutes ago, blue moon said:

Alas, I have - Prague, Madrid, Barcelona ... actually wasn't treated too bad, to be honest. But maybe I was just lucky. English police on the other hand (thinking Doncaster, Bradford ...) have been most unpleasant.

Madrid actually wasn't that bad, apart from being kept in for an hour, when the ground (new one) had emptied after about 30 minutes. Was completely over the top 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

If you've ever been away in Europe to watch Chelsea, you will know that English fans get treated like animals. 

I am glad people are speaking up about it. 

The best experience I have had away was Lille this year. No issues with the police at all. Compare that to Turin, Barca, Madrid, Paris, Maribor.........all shockers. Schalke was ok from memory too but generally it is a big negative of away European travel. 

The Bruges police were terrible back in 1995.  People great, the police very aggressive about you even standing around smiling!

As for Zaragoza that year, that was on a whole different level.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now