• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 0 Manchester United 2

10 hours ago, chelboy said:

If it came down to Higuain Giroud and Tammy I know which two Sarri would pick. Barkley Kova and Mount. I know which two Sarri would pick. I’m not praising Frank for having common sense I am just stating what Sarri would have preferred. If people are fine with a 32 yr old Higuain and 33 yr old Giroud leading the line for us then that’s them but to be honest I am tired of seeing us choose short term over long term. We need to build  and start looking at something long term. I don’t think Sarri was ever interested in doing that. 

It comes down to you knowing that the manager who did magnificently at Napoli, very well at Chelsea and is now leading Serie A being a crap manager.
And hence you can prove he would make the wrong decisions that prove he is a crap manager.
Circular reasoning with no gap in it to acknowledge the facts.

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Bizarre commnet.

Almost never played under JM, then was picked a few times by Hiddink. Conte barely used him in 2016/17 then loaned him out in 2017/18 whilst signing Baka and Drinkwater. Sarri started to use him once he realised that he was a good player, and he scored a lot of goals (relative to minutes played)

He has played quite a bit, and certainly got those break-in chances that everyone says young players need, but never took them.
I agree he looked the best No 8 for a few games before his injury.  But it was a few games only, and it took him half a season before he got above Barkley's level.

And he has been comfortably eclipsed already by Mount.
RLC's skills are beating a man, pace, and shooting (not decision making).  And he did very late on learn to play Sarri ball - that is he started to move the ball on first touch if he had no clear plan (something Kovacic at No 8 and Barkley never learnt).  Very clearly he should be playing CF or AM (if he hasn't the balls to play CF).  24 now, he may be 26 or 27 before he realises this.  He is not going to get into next season's squad assuming we spend a couple of hundred mill.  He needs a loan (when he is ready to play).

Jasonb   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

RLC's skills are beating a man, pace, and shooting (not decision making).  And he did very late on learn to play Sarri ball - that is he started to move the ball on first touch if he had no clear plan (something Kovacic at No 8 and Barkley never learnt).  Very clearly he should be playing CF or AM (if he hasn't the balls to play CF).  24 now, he may be 26 or 27 before he realises this.  He is not going to get into next season's squad assuming we spend a couple of hundred mill.  He needs a loan (when he is ready to play).

I would add his dribbling and strength on the ball allows him to break the defensive lines.

I don't see him as a striker not the right physiology, movement or striking ability. AM is his best role and when fit should probably be ahead of Barkley. Surprised he was not on the bench yesterday does that mean another injury flare up? 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2020 at 0:00 AM, Jasonb said:

AM is his best role and when fit should probably be ahead of Barkley

Should? Probably? Barkley? Seriously? 

Jasonb   
13 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Coming back from a bad injury..............

16 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

He should probably have been ahead of Barkley all last season.  He wasn't though.