• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 1

6 hours ago, JaneB said:

This is all getting too literal.  He could still have admitted seeing the foul even if he then said something like it was so quick and he didn't have the chance to form an opinion on what actually happened.  It was just the way he reacted, really childish to me.

There are some fouls that are so bad that even the manager of the offending player should be able to admit that without appearing disloyal, which is more or less what Frank said afterwards.

For goodness sake, these are grown men who don't need mollycoddling especially when they tread on another player's leg which could easily have ended up in a fracture. 

I tend to agree Jane. I loved Jose and what he did for this club but there are 2 factors here. It was literally right under his nose. secondly it was against a player he knows well, has trained  and I think has a good relationship with. He could have said something like "look it was a late challenge and the boy was a bit lucky to stay on the pitch, however these kind of decisions have gone against us in the past so you take the rough with the smooth". His English is good enough to say that kind of thing and do you know what....I think Lampard might have done just that in those same circumstances. Imagine a Chelsea player stamping on one of his ex Derby lads right under his nose. Frank would have handled it better. 

7 minutes ago, Ham said:

So now you're qualified to tell me when I knew it was a red?

😆

In your last post you stated when everyone in the world except 3 people saw it.  I'm just claiming to know how you saw it.  Pretty minor miracle in comparison.

😆😆😆

JaneB   

@NoblyBobly

Spot on 👍🏻 Couldn't agree more

Blue Rod   
On 22/02/2020 at 6:49 PM, Droy was my hero said:

No - as I said VAR was brought in to allow referees to cheat more and take less blame.  Even if the VAR team works properly, all it means it that refs can happily give all the decisions one way and get bailed out if they give one a bit OTT.
Besides most of the cheating comes from allowing a lot of dirty play to go on when it suits the team you want to win and reverse that if it doesn't.

We've had 20 years of Sky proving that experts do get it wrong most of the time.  The question is why anyone thought VAR would make judging from a TV studio any better.

Yes, as Lampard said, we need to bottle that spirit we have for Spurs games and play with it every week.

It does look like it's having the opposite effect; bringing out the worst in bad referees. The dishonest ones are given the permission  to take their dishonesty to another level. For  those who simply lack the balls to make decisions, VAR has got rid of their scrotums.

Yes, we do need to bottle this spirit. And that applies to the manager as well, starting with team selection. Willian does nothing to deserve being selected, not even over the youngsters. 

Stim   

Jose is employed by spurs and therefore its part of his job to keep the spurs fans on his side. He is not going to say something to placate us. Best get used to it.

Ham   
1 hour ago, Stim said:

Jose is employed by spurs and therefore its part of his job to keep the spurs fans on his side. He is not going to say something to placate us. Best get used to it.

His team selection and tactics won't be helping then.

• Haha 1

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Stim said:

Is the right answer. It seems quite hard for some to grasp. 

paulw66   
On 23/02/2020 at 0:15 PM, Mark Kelly said:

I admire your chutzpah. 

We have absolutely no chance of winning the Champions league this season. 

None whatsoever. 

Sorry. 

Sorry Mark, I quoted this post in one of my replies yesterday, and then didn't add anything. Here's what I intended to say!

Whilst I agree there is a very limited chance of us winning the CL, there is of course more chance of that than us winning the PL this year. 

Moreover, if you compare this year with 2012, yes we had a stronger team back then, with more backbone and experienced CL players in 2012, but I would also argue this year, the standard of oppostion is weaker too. 

In 2012, Barca had peak Messi, Sanchez, Alves, Fabregas, Xavi, Iniesta, Bayern had Robben and Ribery, Real had Ronaldo.......... I don't think any of those teams are as strong this year as back then. Sadly, arguably the strongest team is Liverpool, but they could be out this round. Appreicate there are other strong teams to worry about, City, Atletico, Dortmund, PSG, Juve....... but I don't feel there is a "monster" of a team out there. By montster, I mean United of 2008, Barca of 2010 or a Real Madrid with Ronaldo. 

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying we are going to win it, but you never know! We have more chance than Spurs and Valencia, so I am clinging onto that at the moment!

*bookies have us as 12th favourites. 

23 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Sorry Mark, I quoted this post in one of my replies yesterday, and then didn't add anything. Here's what I intended to say!

Whilst I agree there is a very limited chance of us winning the CL, there is of course more chance of that than us winning the PL this year. 

Moreover, if you compare this year with 2012, yes we had a stronger team back then, with more backbone and experienced CL players in 2012, but I would also argue this year, the standard of oppostion is weaker too. 

In 2012, Barca had peak Messi, Sanchez, Alves, Fabregas, Xavi, Iniesta, Bayern had Robben and Ribery, Real had Ronaldo.......... I don't think any of those teams are as strong this year as back then. Sadly, arguably the strongest team is Liverpool, but they could be out this round. Appreicate there are other strong teams to worry about, City, Atletico, Dortmund, PSG, Juve....... but I don't feel there is a "monster" of a team out there. By montster, I mean United of 2008, Barca of 2010 or a Real Madrid with Ronaldo. 

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying we are going to win it, but you never know! We have more chance than Spurs and Valencia, so I am clinging onto that at the moment!

*bookies have us as 12th favourites. 

I like your take on it better than mine to be honest !