• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 1

Leo91   

Depends on Girouds fitness though. He isn't lasting 90 minutes. Would expect Bats to feature at some point.

Ham   
Just now, Leo91 said:

Depends on Girouds fitness though. He isn't lasting 90 minutes. Would expect Bats to feature at some point.

If that's the case, a false 9 or Alonso or literally anyone but Batshite. Play Kepa up front.  Gotta be better. 

On 18/02/2020 at 0:39 PM, Mark Kelly said:

A must win game. 

Oh dear. 

I looked at this game at the start of the year thinking it would be nice to enter it with a nice healthy gap. Perhaps even as an opportunity to land the final dagger to Tottenham's 4th place chances. 

And here we are. Somehow we've ended up in a situation where a loss (perish the thought!) could leave us 7th. 

Though to be fair as bad as we've been, Spurs have been...urmm...Dier. 

17 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I looked at this game at the start of the year thinking it would be nice to enter it with a nice healthy gap. Perhaps even as an opportunity to land the final dagger to Tottenham's 4th place chances. 

And here we are. Somehow we've ended up in a situation where a loss (perish the thought!) could leave us 7th. 

Though to be fair as bad as we've been, Spurs have been...urmm...Dier. 

The issue I have is simply , if anyone can equip a side to defend all day and nick a win against the odds its Jose .

I can imagine we'll play quite well , be toothless in front of goal and they'll score in the last minute from  a corner.

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The issue I have is simply , if anyone can equip a side to defend all day and nick a win against the odds its Jose .

I can imagine we'll play quite well , be toothless in front of goal and they'll score in the last minute from  a corner.

I agree, apart from the last-minute bit... I think we'll be tortured by being 1-0 down for the majority of the game.

Our inability to put the ball in the back of the net is shocking, but not surprising. We desperately miss Pulisic at the moment and of course a fit and in form Tammy, but the fact Willian hasn't stepped up in the last few months I find really disappointing and honestly, not even surprising.

I know he splits opinion on here, but our current situation and his form within it are the reasons he frustrates me so much. He should be the man grabbing the games by the scruff of the neck and trying to drag us over the line, instead, he sulks and feints injury when he mishits a pass or more likely a shot.

paulw66   
14 minutes ago, charlie_sw69 said:

Tammy has been passed fit for Tottenham. Hooray!!! That's cheered me up.

In some ways that has annoyed me. I was curious as to what SFL was going to do with Giroud v Batshuyai. If Abraham is fit, that problem goes away. 

Jasonb   
9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

In some ways that has annoyed me. I was curious as to what SFL was going to do with Giroud v Batshuyai. If Abraham is fit, that problem goes away. 

The bench might be the giveaway though, if Giroud is there and not Bats that is indicative.

If no Giroud on the bench then that is disappointing for me.

35 minutes ago, charlie_sw69 said:

Tammy has been passed fit for Tottenham. Hooray!!! That's cheered me up.

20 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

It would be nice , seeing as they have one fit striker if we saw two up- front for an experiment , who knows what that could yield ? 

paulw66   
49 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

The bench might be the giveaway though, if Giroud is there and not Bats that is indicative.

If no Giroud on the bench then that is disappointing for me.

They'll both be on it.  No CHO or Pulisic......