• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 1

paulw66   
44 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It would be nice , seeing as they have one fit striker if we saw two up- front for an experiment , who knows what that could yield ? 

Certainly if we need a goal, I don't see what harm it would do. 

There have been a number of times this season when losing we just get Abraham for Batsuyhai as the sub. changes nothing. 

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Certainly if we need a goal, I don't see what harm it would do. 

There have been a number of times this season when losing we just get Abraham for Batsuyhai as the sub. changes nothing. 

The thing is , what if Batshuyai and Abraham together are absolute dynamite , or Giroud and either , at some point we must surely try something different ?

We keep on ploughing the same old furrow and whilst not advocating for Lampard to get the boot I cannot see why he cannot see that doing the same things week in , week out with such a disparate bunch of players just isn't working , especially with this board who come the end of the year will more than likely turn to the next shiny penny that catches their gimlet eye.

Try something , anything !

• Like 1

Think it’ll be;

Caballero; James, Rudiger, Zouma, Azpilicueta; Kovacic, Jorginho; Pedro, Mount, Willian; Abraham

Subs: Arrizabalaga, Alonso, Tomori, Gilmour, Anjorin, Giroud, Bats

paulw66   
21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The thing is , what if Batshuyai and Abraham together are absolute dynamite , or Giroud and either , at some point we must surely try something different ?

We keep on ploughing the same old furrow and whilst not advocating for Lampard to get the boot I cannot see why he cannot see that doing the same things week in , week out with such a disparate bunch of players just isn't working , especially with this board who come the end of the year will more than likely turn to the next shiny penny that catches their gimlet eye.

Try something , anything !

Yup. The definition of madness is trying the same thing again and again and expecting different results. 

If we lose tomorrow, I think we are done for top 4. 

If we lose tomorrow I honestly can’t see us finishing top 4 hopefully Tammy is fit and either odoi or pulisic because Pedro shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting 11 he’s been awful this season I would play Alonso on the left if they are unavailable or even play 2 up front and a diamond midfield just something different 

10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

If we lose tomorrow, I think we are done for top 4. 

No, not really.

It is interesting how every Jan/Feb we go through a period of a lot of games and have bad results and everyone gets very negative.  It is this time last season we dropped outside the top 4 but came back to finish 4th.
Of course the excuse  of too many games applies less this year without the LC semis (which were a real drain) and with the prospect of just 2 knockout games.  On the other hand either we beat BM which puts us on a real high, or we don't and have plenty of full weeks with no mid-week games.  
And we are generally good at getting 3 points off the weaker teams, which Man U and Spurs aren't.

In other words, while we might have our thoughts on CL this weekend, I'm pretty sure we will be back on track in the Prem soon.

paulw66   
10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

No, not really.

Obviously it owuldn't be impossible, but to have gone from 10 points or so clear, to then dropping out, whilst our momentum is really shifting the wrong way, and after what would be two back to back home defeats to direct rivals........... would be very tough to turn around IMO.

Meanwhile, I bet Maguire has a big role in United's next 3 games which he should be banned for.