• Current Donation Goals

We have been here before - win against Spurs with the 3-4-3 and then fall flat using it against another team.

Bayern are a much more open attacking team than Spurs. Bayern play football almost like Arsenal.

I would revert to the 4-3-3 but with Barkley in midfield alongside Kova and Jorgi, Azpili at LB, and Giroud to keep his place flanked by Willian and Mount.

This one has a score draw written all over it IMO. Maybe 2-2 draw I'm going for.

Edited by Blue_In_Every_Way

3 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

We have been here before - win against Spurs with the 3-4-3 and then fall flat using it against another team.

Bayern are a much more open attacking team than Spurs. Bayern play football almost like Arsenal.

I would revert to the 4-3-3 but with Barkley in midfield alongside Kova and Jorgi, Azpili at LB, and Giroud to keep his place flanked by Willian and Mount.

This one has a score draw written all over it IMO. Maybe 2-2 draw I'm going for.

Problem with a reverting back to a back four is that we lose Alonso, who is very dangerous in a 343, we have to play Dave on the left so it results in him having to always cut in and take him out of his best position rcb and in a 433 we look very suspect when defending set pieces. 

I know 343 is not prefect as we do not have a baller like Luiz to play the CCB position but I just do not see the logic of going 433 especially when we have all the defensive players fit so it means we can leave Zouma and Emerson out. 

1 minute ago, King Kante said:

Problem with a reverting back to a back four is that we lose Alonso, who is very dangerous in a 343, we have to play Dave on the left so it results in him having to always cut in and take him out of his best position rcb and in a 433 we look very suspect when defending set pieces. 

I know 343 is not prefect as we do not have a baller like Luiz to play the CCB position but I just do not see the logic of going 433 especially when we have all the defensive players fit so it means we can leave Zouma and Emerson out. 

The performance today wasnt too different to the United performance IMO its just that Giroud bagged the goal and we pushed on from there. If Bats scored vs United I felt we would have beaten them too.

The 3-4-3 certainly works in some games and Alonso definitely is a proper threat but he is a horrible liability defensively and even with 3 CBs he is exposed. 

Today's performance was solid but I dont think a 3-4-3 is going to necessarily have an effect on Bayern.

I think it's safe to say most will know my views on 3/5 at the back.

It worked today, much like it did last time out against Spurs but it was also disastrous against Arsenal.

The big difference for me at the moment is we have only Willian to play out wide in a 433/4231 so right now we are probably better suited to playing like we did today, playing with two more central attacking players rather than two wingers. Going forward, when everyone is fit absolutely not.

I know a few have already said it, but Kovacic and Jorginho are by far our best midfield partnership and that has been the case pretty much all season. I love Kante as much as anyone but on this season's form he doesn't get in our best 11.

Leo91   

And yet Jorginho disappeared vs Man Utd. Hot and cold.

• Like 1

Rob B   
50 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

And yet Jorginho disappeared vs Man Utd. Hot and cold.

Whilst he’s obviously very good at some things, I do worry how easy opposition AMs get on the ball behind our midfield, but in front of our back four.  I was specifically watching it in the last 20 minutes today and I was expecting him to see him turning his head constantly and moving goalside behind Lamela, Ali etc, but it never happened. He just seems to drift 10 yards in front of them. 

Its one of the major flaws in this team imo. That, and defending crosses.  I wonder if Ampadu could do bit of an enforcer job in certain games next year? Good on the ball but loves a tackle and has that strength and steel.

chelboy   

I don’t support the 3atb week in week out but for this game it’s a no brainer. We are coming up against the best no.9 in the world. We will need all 3 CB’s. Would be tempted to go with the same 11 but I guess some changes wouldn’t be bad. 

27 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I don’t support the 3atb week in week out but for this game it’s a no brainer. We are coming up against the best no.9 in the world. We will need all 3 CB’s. Would be tempted to go with the same 11 but I guess some changes wouldn’t be bad. 

If there are wholesale changes I'd be disappointed . What's the point of taking your chances when asked if you just lose your place next game out .

Competition for places drives success .

Alonso , Mount , Giroud and even Barkley earned their places for this game .

We'll batter them, Bayern are rubbish now, they are struggling in their league desite it being at the same level as the English Conference. We'll put at six past them and remind of 2012.

You were beaten at home

You were well and truly owned

We were in the zone

You could not even phone

For we won it in 2012

And you were crying for penalties

We won it Munich

We won it in 2012

chelboy   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

If there are wholesale changes I'd be disappointed . What's the point of taking your chances when asked if you just lose your place next game out .

Competition for places drives success .

Alonso , Mount , Giroud and even Barkley earned their places for this game .

Well yes I agree but many still want Tomori to start and Barkley to be dropped.