• Current Donation Goals

38 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Well yes I agree but many still want Tomori to start and Barkley to be dropped. 

I really do not get the clamour for Tomori to start. Christensen has been our best defender for the past five to six games and Tomori, whilst not really punished for them, was over playing and giving up a lot of opportunities. 

This does not mean I do not rate him but I also think he has been dropped on merit and needs to iron out a number of flaws in his game.  

Edited by King Kante

chelboy   
8 hours ago, King Kante said:

I really do not get the clamour for Tomori to start. Christensen has been our best defender for the past five to six games and Tomori, whilst not really punished for them, was over playing and giving up a lot of opportunities. 

This does not mean I do not rate him but I also think he has been dropped on merit and needs to iron out a number of flaws in his game.  

I can understand all sides of opinions for why each CB deserves to start. They all have flaws and ability wise I don’t think there is a massive difference between them. Unfortunately for Tomori his biggest weaknesses are with crosses and aerial play which is also the main weakness of the overall team defensively. 

While Christensen has been good since returning there are still problems he has in aggression and not being physical enough. Tuesday will be a big game for him. Lewandoski is the best in the game at the moment and he has it all, good feet , physical and quality movement. 

31 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I can understand all sides of opinions for why each CB deserves to start. They all have flaws and ability wise I don’t think there is a massive difference between them. Unfortunately for Tomori his biggest weaknesses are with crosses and aerial play which is also the main weakness of the overall team defensively. 

While Christensen has been good since returning there are still problems he has in aggression and not being physical enough. Tuesday will be a big game for him. Lewandoski is the best in the game at the moment and he has it all, good feet , physical and quality movement. 

Those flaws with Tomori have been with him since his youth days, which is why he would be played at RB. I actually really liked him at RB as well as he played it in a similar fashion to Bane. 

As for AC, yes his flaws are there. The thing I do not understand is why he does not put on a little bulk which would surely help him. However, you're right about Lewa being a big problem, which is also why I want 3atb for him and Bayern's attack. 

Jasonb   

I support 3 cbs just now.

We have been struggling to score in open play for a while now and having Giroud and Alonso on the pitch changes that.

Tammy did very well early in the season but has since been marked well and his finishing touch has deserted him for a while now and the less we say about Bats the better.

3 cbs suits James too who defensively lacks a little nous yet offensively is something else.

Now 3 cbs might not work every game but given we do concede let's at least give our best goal scorers a chance. 

I would go for 343 again and ideally the same 11 as the weekend, but not sure if Barkley will be able to put in that kind of performance so soon after, so think Willian may come in for him. Giroud definitely has to start, that is for sure.

4 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I would go for 343 again and ideally the same 11 as the weekend, but not sure if Barkley will be able to put in that kind of performance so soon after, so think Willian may come in for him. Giroud definitely has to start, that is for sure.

Well yes - 3CBs against Lewandowski makes sense.  3 CBs against Moura only made sense as a rehearsal.

• Haha 1

Jasonb   

Against Spurs the CBs worked as strangely we overrun their midfield so we were effectively playing with 3 at the back instead of 5 at the back. 

That was surprising for me as JM lacking Son and Kane seemed to pack out his midfield yet couldn't turn our wide backs.

paulw66   

Pulisic, CHO and Kante all missed training today, so don't expect any involvement

3-4-3 is about our only choice here. Noble Lewandoski early doors.! 

Holymoly   
On 20/02/2020 at 0:10 PM, Sciatika said:

What's wrong with 9-0-1? As long as we have an out ball...

It worked for Torres against Barcelona in the 2012 semi-final.

6 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

It worked for Torres against Barcelona in the 2012 semi-final.

:)  :)   I think you'll find that that was only 8 at the back.    8-0-1

Even when he scored, Ramires was playing FB.

Edited by Droy was my hero