• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

'You may say I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope some day you will join us

when we beat the crouts 4-1' 

2 for Pulisic 

1 for RLC

1 for Giroud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
4 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

she's on a complete different astral plane than myself Jane.

Now why doesn't that surprise me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bison   

Interesting little clip for anbydoy interested.

Rudiger is apparently our best CB. He was meant to improve the defence upon his return from injury. He was supposed to be the senior partner to a young Tomori/Christensen and be a calming influence.

The reality is we have gone backwards since his return. He is the worst CB we have currently in my honest opinion.

The 2017 transfer window has set us back a decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
6 minutes ago, Bison said:

Interesting little clip for anbydoy interested.

Rudiger is apparently our best CB. He was meant to improve the defence upon his return from injury. He was supposed to be the senior partner to a young Tomori/Christensen and be a calming influence.

The reality is we have gone backwards since his return. He is the worst CB we have currently in my honest opinion.

The 2017 transfer window has set us back a decade.

Quite a funny video but true. Rudiger just brings more vocal leadership at the back. Ability wise he isn’t much different to our other CB’s. He is brave and naive at the same time. I do think he is needed though for his communication because the others lack basic communication. I still don’t know which CB partnership I prefer. I liked the Zouma and Tomori spell in a high line but we played easier teams during that period. As long as it’s not Zouma Christensen or Christensen Tomori then I am fine. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CB is like pretty much every position, bar RB, in that it needs of a lot of work. Owing to the amount of players we need across the squad I would say that we should be targeting one CB in Summer (although really we probably need two) and looking to move one on. In my opinion, AC has played pretty well since coming back so is spared while Tomori has also shown enough to be a CB 3/4 and try and work his way back in. That leaves Zouma and Rudiger, which means Zouma has to get the chop as whilst Rudi is not a world class CB he is still better than Zouma. 

As for targets that we should go for there are only two options in my opinion (as rumours have it that they can actually move this Summer.) That is Romagnoli and Upamecano. I would slightly lean towards Romagnoli as he is very experienced for his age however Upamecano has a lot of fundermentals and upside. 

Edited by King Kante

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bison   
12 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Quite a funny video but true. Rudiger just brings more vocal leadership at the back. Ability wise he isn’t much different to our other CB’s. He is brave and naive at the same time. I do think he is needed though for his communication because the others lack basic communication. I still don’t know which CB partnership I prefer. I liked the Zouma and Tomori spell in a high line but we played easier teams during that period. As long as it’s not Zouma Christensen or Christensen Tomori then I am fine.

Vocal leadership would be great from a good player who plays well. A bad player shouting at others is useless. What I can't get my head around is the reputation Rudiger has as a solid defender. It is a complete myth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bison   
8 minutes ago, King Kante said:

CB is like pretty much every position, bar RB, in that it needs of a lot of work. Owing to the amount of players we need across the squad I would say that we should be targeting one CB in Summer (although really we probably need two) and looking to move one on. In my opinion, AC has played pretty well since coming back so is spared while Tomori has also shown enough to be a CB 3/4 and try and work his way back in. That leaves Zouma and Rudiger, which means Zouma has to get the chop as whilst Rudi is not a world class CB he is still better than Zouma. 

As for targets that we should go for there are only two options in my opinion (as rumours have it that they can actually move this Summer.) That is Romagnoli and Upamecano. I would slightly lean towards Romagnoli as he is very experienced for his age however Upamecano has a lot of fundermentals and upside. 

Is there a solid, left-fooed CB around that is obtainable this sunmer? If so, I think Tomori as a right sided CB should be given a chance.

Is Joe Gomez better than Tomori? How good would Tomori look playing next to Van Dijk? Would Gomez be labelled as not ready or good enough playing next to a joker like Rudiger?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
20 minutes ago, King Kante said:

CB is like pretty much every position, bar RB, in that it needs of a lot of work. Owing to the amount of players we need across the squad I would say that we should be targeting one CB in Summer (although really we probably need two) and looking to move one on. In my opinion, AC has played pretty well since coming back so is spared while Tomori has also shown enough to be a CB 3/4 and try and work his way back in. That leaves Zouma and Rudiger, which means Zouma has to get the chop as whilst Rudi is not a world class CB he is still better than Zouma. 

As for targets that we should go for there are only two options in my opinion (as rumours have it that they can actually move this Summer.) That is Romagnoli and Upamecano. I would slightly lean towards Romagnoli as he is very experienced for his age however Upamecano has a lot of fundermentals and upside. 

Romagnoli is a lightweight. He would get bullied in this league. Upamecano plays in a back 3 and I haven’t seem much of him in a back 4. He looks decent but not the type of profile I would he looking at. CB is the hardest department to find players right now. I still want a leader and captain type of CB which isn’t easy to find. Our CB targets should be no less than 26 and be commanding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bison said:

Is there a solid, left-fooed CB around that is obtainable this sunmer? If so, I think Tomori as a right sided CB should be given a chance.

Is Joe Gomez better than Tomori? How good would Tomori look playing next to Van Dijk? Would Gomez be labelled as not ready or good enough playing next to a joker like Rudiger?

Ake

edit: plus he can cover left back. We also have a buy out clause. 

Edited by NoblyBobly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bison   
14 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Ake

edit: plus he can cover left back. We also have a buy out clause. 

Too small and not the commanding presence we need in my opinion. He doesn't fit the profile of senior, experienced player to partner up with a player like Tomori.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.