• Current Donation Goals

37 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Agreed however, with Alonso and Giroud hardly playing, can they keep up the intensity of two matches in a week?

Alonso should be alright, he has always been fairly fit and is only 29. If anything he should be one of the squad members who is most likely to be able to play back to back games. As for Giroud, replace him after 65 mins or so. 

1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

Big European night - Willian has to play, surely?

Barkely did well on Saturday, but I don't see him playing over Willian. 

Willy got a bit lucky too when he came steaming out of goal, almost gave their right back an open goal 

True but at least when there is a shot straight at him he pushes it out and doesn't let it go right through him as if he is a ghost.

Diddymen   
24 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Alonso should be alright, he has always been fairly fit and is only 29. If anything he should be one of the squad members who is most likely to be able to play back to back games. As for Giroud, replace him after 65 mins or so. 

Alonso looked like he was running on fumes for the last 20 mins of the spuds match. In fact, the whole team did 😬

I would stay 434 with the same 11 as the weekend, but probably bring Willian in for Barkley, which is slightly harsh on Barkley after the weekend.

I think Giroud will do the job for an hour, but will unlikely to do on much longer and so we then bring on Tammy to finish the game off. 

However, if Alonso can't do 2 games in quick succession (I personally think he can), then we can't play 343, nobody else can play LWB in the squad and so it breaks down.

Come on Chels, big European night, let's do this! I'd be happy with a draw, but mainly I just want to see some fight and at least see us compete.

It's nice not being favourites.

25 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

Alonso looked like he was running on fumes for the last 20 mins of the spuds match. In fact, the whole team did 😬

I don't think Alonso or anyone else will be getting deep into the oppo half very often this game.

6 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

It's nice not being favourites.

Yes and nice being in it.

Leo91   

We need to play with that high tempo and press. The boys who start tonight need to put in a shift from the get go, so it's big having the likes of Willian and Tammy coming off the bench after 60 minutes when Giroud and Ross are tired after their shift. 

Edited by Leo91

Leo91   

Been a while since I've felt this. Not apprehensive, not worried, just excited of a big match under the lights at Stamford Bridge.