• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

AFC Bournemouth 2 Chelsea 2

Jasonb   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

No one ever told Barkley about that.  

I seem to remember last season Barkley rarely ventured beyond the half-way line.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

This year, the irony is how he and Frank have received so much praise because Kovacic is presumed to get forward so much more.  Yet in fact he has mostly played as sub for Kante and stuck closer to Jorginho than anyone did last year or this, including himself or Kante last year.

I think with Kovacic when he cannot find a forward pass he dribbles forward and breaks the opposition lines thus appearing to threaten to create an attacking move.

11 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I seem to remember last season Barkley rarely ventured beyond the half-way line..

Correct , everyone was moaning and I stood up for him saying he was obviously doing what he was told . He was desperate to do the right thing in fact and it made him look the worst for it .

44 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I seem to remember last season Barkley rarely ventured beyond the half-way line.

Not how I recall it, and not how RLC played.  Sarri would certainly have been ill-advised to play him as a ball winner.

45 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

I think with Kovacic when he cannot find a forward pass he dribbles forward and breaks the opposition lines thus appearing to threaten to create an attacking move.

The trouble is that he only breaks the oppo press and still can't find a pass.  For all the men he has beaten this season, he rarely ever creates anything.  Because he is beating sliding tackles by AMs hoping to nick the ball, rather than beating oppo defenders who won't commit early.