• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our F.A.Cup 5th Round match against Liverpool at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45, Tuesday, 3rd March, 2020 (Local UK time/date).

Easy win for Chelsea. Liverpool are overrated and massively disrespect the FA Cup. We'll show them what the cup means by showing why we have more FA Cup's than them. Another 6-0er for me, Liverpool won't have a single shot on goal.

Don't like the FA Cup being midweek, just doesn't feel right.

I'd love a win, mainly to beat Liverpool, but I'm not going to be too gutted if we get knocked out this competition at this stage... fewer games for us the better. I imagine Frank will go almost full strength though and I also think we'll see Kepa come back in and have the chance to retain his place for the run-in and I wouldn't be surprised for us to go to 3ATB.

Kepa

Azpi - Tomori - Christensen - Zouma - Emerson

Jorginho - Kovacic

Willian - Giroud - Mount

Subs: Caballero, James, Rudiger, Barkley, Gilmour, Pedro/CHO*, Bats/Tammy*

*Depending on fitness

I actually think we'll beat them, Klopp will rest some players and think we'll have one of our 'on' nights.

Jasonb   
22 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Don't like the FA Cup being midweek, just doesn't feel right.

Feel the same, seems like tradition being broken to suit the TV money boys. 

Pre-Watford I would imagine Klopp was thinking about playing a very weakened team for this game.  He does have frustrated backups and talented young players to choose from.

But that first defeat may change his mind.  Like falling off a bicycle, get the same team out and win as soon as possible.

52 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Pre-Watford I would imagine Klopp was thinking about playing a very weakened team for this game.  He does have frustrated backups and talented young players to choose from.

But that first defeat may change his mind.  Like falling off a bicycle, get the same team out and win as soon as possible.

When you take into consideration the loss in Madrid, I have to agree. 

He won't want a third loss, that could be a real catalyst for free fall. 

17 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

When you take into consideration the loss in Madrid, I have to agree. 

He won't want a third loss, that could be a real catalyst for free fall. 

Leave me in two minds about closing the season early.  Free fall would be fun to see.

Man Utd protesting players get another goal ruled out by VAR. At least they haven't closed the gap so that's something. Spurs lose as well.

18 minutes ago, charlie_sw69 said:

Man Utd protesting players get another goal ruled out by VAR. At least they haven't closed the gap so that's something. Spurs lose as well.

Complete disgrace.  I dare say another apology will emerge too late.
(Not from Roy Keane or Souness though).

And still no mention of the filthy elbow by Martial on Christensen the other week.