• Current Donation Goals

Ham   
21 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Yes that was weird, did Rudi misinterpret another chant or was it malicious? 

My personal opinion is that Rudi misheard something. If a group of fans did monkey chants in a UK ground, loud enough for a player to hear, in this day and age there would be a massive group willing to act as witnesses against them. Even at Tottenham.

chara   
29 minutes ago, Ham said:

My personal opinion is that Rudi misheard something. If a group of fans did monkey chants in a UK ground, loud enough for a player to hear, in this day and age there would be a massive group willing to act as witnesses against them. Even at Tottenham.

Until today I would have probably agreed with you but reading the comments in the dm I wonder.....how do you think Chelsea fans would have reacted to say Barkley doing the same thing? (example only not Ross) ... JT endured more every week but rose above it.

Rudi?....strange event....I agree maybe he misheard but believe there was something.

34 minutes ago, chara said:

Until today I would have probably agreed with you but reading the comments in the dm I wonder.....how do you think Chelsea fans would have reacted to say Barkley doing the same thing? (example only not Ross) ... JT endured more every week but rose above it.

Rudi?....strange event....I agree maybe he misheard but believe there was something.

Well a Chelsea fan heard another Chelsea away fan make anti-Korean chants at Son, I'd be really surprised if Rudiger were wrong.  In the end it all depends on the class of the other fans around and the expectation that the club might do anything about it.  No one wants to make allegations about a big racist 2 seats away if he is going to be back in his place at the next home game.

Ham   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well a Chelsea fan heard another Chelsea away fan make anti-Korean chants at Son, I'd be really surprised if Rudiger were wrong.  In the end it all depends on the class of the other fans around and the expectation that the club might do anything about it.  No one wants to make allegations about a big racist 2 seats away if he is going to be back in his place at the next home game.

The difference was that Rudi apparently heard a large group making monkey chants.  I'm not having that in this day and age. There would be whistleblowers. Not one other human, Chelsea, Spud or otherwise heard a thing live or on TV. 

It would be easy for an away player at the bridge to misinterpret Zouma or Rudi or Giroud. 

Sciatika   

I have a theory that Rudi heard the Spurs fans shouting "Y*ds, Y*ds, ..." (you can hear it in the background as Son was walking off) and he thought they were making monkey noises.

Edited by Sciatika

chara   
1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

I have a theory that Rudi heard the Spurs fans shouting "Y*ds, Y*ds, ..." (you can hear it in the background as Son was walking off) and he thought they were making monkey noises.

That makes as much sense as anything.......but nothing excuses a player going after a fan for any reason......a fan running on the pitch in celebration is treated as harshly as a fan chasing after a player or ref.......back in the day I was in a game where the crowd invaded and attacked the ref, terrifying........imagine a real "hard" player going after an overweight boozed up fan...no contest.......

Sciatika   

I don't disagree.

Edited by Sciatika

Ham   
5 hours ago, Sciatika said:

I think you're absolutely right. 

Ham   

Ancelotti must be wondering why he's not allowed on the touchline tomorrow 🤔

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

Ancelotti must be wondering why he's not allowed on the touchline tomorrow 🤔

I entirely agree but there is a significant difference from the refs point of view.  In the Klopp pic, the referee or lino is able to just walk away, and look like the bigger man.
Refs quite like that.  In the Ancellotti incident the ref appears cornered, and every moment the incident continues is embarrassing to him, even though the game has finished.  That is why he reacts with a Red card.  He is like Yosser Hughes cornered and reacts with a referee's Glasgow Kiss.

Of course strictly speaking the Klopp incident is worse.  But it is ref's ego that is the deciding factor here, not manager's action.
In the same way a player that calls a ref a nasty word as he approaches the ref from the front, is much more likely to be punished than if he says it after he has passed him by.