• Current Donation Goals

Leo91   

We've got half a fit squad. There's no one to rest apart from the left back position.

Edited by Leo91

Turns our Jorginhos ban only applies to the PL so he is available for this, then out until City.

Hopefully minutes for Gilmour, and Anjorin swapping places with RLC for the week. I would be giving Emerson, Barkley etc a run out to rest as much of the reduced squad as possible.

I'd play Kepa.

If he's feeling aggrieved over recent events, then it's on him to prove that he can actually go out there and stop shots.

Keep

James Zouma Tomori Emerson

Gilmour Jorginho Barkley

William Batshuayi Alonso

Subs: Caballero, Rüdiger, Kovacic, Anjorin, Pedro, Giroud, Broja

2 hours ago, Box of Tricks said:

I'd play Kepa.

If he's feeling aggrieved over recent events, then it's on him to prove that he can actually go out there and stop shots.

If he plays Kepa that would suggest that Kepa is very much No 2 keeper.  I know many think that is or should be the case.  But I doubt it.  I think that Caballero is just going on one of those runs that Frank likes to give most of the players.  Nobody has been excluded in the way that players were excluded in any of the past 3 seasons.  

In which case the cup is more likely to be Caballero's swansong rather than the gift of a game to Kepa.

I'm pretty sure we won't get to the end of the season using a 38 year old keeper who has never been given more than a 1 year contract with us.  Much as I rate him as a solid No2.

Rob B   
50 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

If he plays Kepa that would suggest that Kepa is very much No 2 keeper.  I know many think that is or should be the case.  But I doubt it.  I think that Caballero is just going on one of those runs that Frank likes to give most of the players.  Nobody has been excluded in the way that players were excluded in any of the past 3 seasons.  

In which case the cup is more likely to be Caballero's swansong rather than the gift of a game to Kepa.

I'm pretty sure we won't get to the end of the season using a 38 year old keeper who has never been given more than a 1 year contract with us.  Much as I rate him as a solid No2.

Kepa will play tomorrow moreso to give him an opportunity to get back into the team without having to drop Willy for doing nothing wrong. I.e. if Kepa has a blinder it’s easier for Willy to accept if he is left out on the weekend.

Personally, I’d try and give Reece a rest because I think he’s looked a bit leggy at times during the last few games (is it too harsh to say that he lost his man for Bournemouth’s second on the weekend??) 

Something like this, 4-3-3:

Kepa; Azpi, Zouma, Tomori, Emerson;  Jorginho, Kovacic, Gilmour;  Pedro, Michy, Willian;

Rests for Mount, Alonso, Giroud and James. Christensen, Kante, Pulisic, RLC, CHO and Tammy unavailable. 

Jorginho will play because he misses the next 3 afterwards. Because of this, I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts Barkley instead of Gilmour as the midfield three are very similar otherwise.

Anjorin, Broja & Gilmour all skipped the PL2 game tonight so expect they will be in the squad tomorrow. Gilmour is now a full member of the 1st team squad anyway, tbh would rather see Broja get some minutes here rather than Bats.

@CostaTheBlue What are your predictions for the game?

A 6-0 or perhaps even a 6-0?

EDIT:

Sorry, missed your prediction. Wasn't expecting that! 

On 29/2/2020 at 0:17 PM, CostaTheBlue said:

Easy win for Chelsea. Liverpool are overrated and massively disrespect the FA Cup. We'll show them what the cup means by showing why we have more FA Cup's than them. Another 6-0er for me, Liverpool won't have a single shot on goal.

Edited by I_Hate_red

Sadly going to miss the game work commitments but can’t see us winning it 4-2 Liverpool after a bright start from us can them stepping it up another level which we don’t have at the moment 

Holymoly   

We'll lose. If we go into the game expecting this anything better than 0-2 will be a bonus.