• Current Donation Goals

33 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I think Kepa has to play. 

Alonso has to play.

Zouma, I would pick. 

Ditto Gilmour.

The rest may depend on fitness and availability. 

If Christensen is fit I'd play him and Rüdiger together, as Christensen is the best of the lot at playing out from the back. For the rest, if Willian and Kovacic are also out we may be struggling to field an 18 man squad.

Kepa

James Rüdiger Christensen Alonso

Barkley Gilmour Loftus-Cheek

Pedro Giroud Mount

Subs: Caballero, Azpilicueta, Emerson, Zouma, Anjorin, Broja, Batshuayi

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I think Kepa has to play. 

Alonso has to play.

Zouma, I would pick. 

Ditto Gilmour.

The rest may depend on fitness and availability. 

Even I , his harshest critic , think Kepa has to play and be rewarded for his efforts.I love a redemption arc me.

Fitness pending, I would currently expect to see:

Kepa

Azpi Christensen Zouma Alonso

Gilmour Mount

Pedro Barkley Willian

Giroud

Subs: Caballero, James, Rudiger, Emerson, CHO, Anjorin, Batshuayi

We have been so unlucky with injuries this season, it's unbelievable. If Willian isn't fit then I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 upfront with Batshuayi playing alongside Giroud, mainly because we'd have little options otherwise. Maybe push James into midfield?

paulw66   
20 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Even I , his harshest critic , think Kepa has to play and be rewarded for his efforts.I love a redemption arc me.

Yup. Think it would be a massive kick in the pants if he was left out. 

4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

As another of his harshest critics, I concur.

chelboy   

Kepa

Azpi Rudiger Zouma Alonso

James

Gilmour        Barkley

Pedro          Giroud         Mount

with Willian and Kova getting injured I think this is all we got as starters. Only Bats, Tomori and Emerson as the other players that can start. Everyone else is not fully fit or injured. 

bert19   

Hopefully at least one or two of the injured list recover and are fit for the bench. 

Actually having six days between the Everton game and the Villa game the week after will be a very welcome break in terms of player recovery time.  I think we can be hopeful on at least Kante, Tammy and Willian for the Villa game.  

Villa away, Bayern away and then the FA Cup Quarter Final all in the 8 days after that.  Could be a tough spell.  

How many CM/AM's do we actually have for this game? By my counting Jorgi is suspended, while Kante, Puli, CHO, Willian, Puli and Kova are injured. Does that just leave us with Mount, Gilmour, Barkley, Pedro and a half fit RLC? If so, I expect us to revert back to 343.

Kepa

Dave AC Rudi

James Gilmour Mount Alonso

Pedro Giroud Barkley

1 hour ago, chelboy said:

Kepa

Azpi Rudiger Zouma Alonso

James

Gilmour        Barkley

Pedro          Giroud         Mount

with Willian and Kova getting injured I think this is all we got as starters. Only Bats, Tomori and Emerson as the other players that can start. Everyone else is not fully fit or injured. 

Presuming the injuries remain I would agree with that starting line up, although god knows who will start at CB. James definitely worth a go in midfield, he's pretty hard to get past and could actually what we have been missing with Gilmour adding some bite too (and fully deserving to start). This midfield looks more balanced than Gilmour, Mount, Barkley, which would in turn mean Bats or Emerson playing out of position. Your starting line up would also allow transitioning to 343 with no subs made.

I'm thinking that Everton will probably target Christensen - especially if Duncan Ferguson is running the bench.  The irony being that Christensen got that face mask because he got tight and dangerous to Martial, and the elbow came because Christensen was brave.

20 minutes ago, King Kante said:

How many CM/AM's do we actually have for this game? By my counting Jorgi is suspended, while Kante, Puli, CHO, Willian, Puli and Kova are injured. Does that just leave us with Mount, Gilmour, Barkley, Pedro and a half fit RLC? If so, I expect us to revert back to 343.

Kepa

Dave AC Rudi

James Gilmour Mount Alonso

Pedro Giroud Barkley

Maybe Barkley and Mount switched, because Mount is a much better threat if you have to take a FB on, but then if I were Gilmour I'd want Mount besides me.  (Or rather if I were Gilmour's Dad, Gilmour himself is ready to take the world on by himself).
Maybe Giroud - on the basis that Lampard picks players for a run of games, not simply because one player made a mistake in his last game.

But not much choice I agree.
And who will be on the bench - perhaps more curious.
Lets guess:  Kepa/Caballero, Tomori, RLC, Anjorin, Bats, Broja + someone who is probably actually injured just to make the numbers up, like Willian or Kovacic or Emerson.

Edited by Droy was my hero