• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

One thing I’ve noticed recently is that Calvert Lewin is really strong in the air, with a particularly impressive leap. 

I always recall him as a bit lightweight, with heading a weakness for a CF.  I guess he was young and has been put under Duncan Disorderly's care.  But from our last game with them, I got the impression that he was just an in your face striker, targeting the defender not the ball.  All you can do against that is trust to the referee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rob B   

Just happened to catch a few Everton games of late and noticed it quite quickly.  For my own sanity I did a very quick twitter search and it seems I’m not going mad...

 

 

4CE6DD3A-0D22-46ED-9069-770141DF5A04.jpeg

C9EB5621-C7D1-4EA6-9E3E-233DA3E9A954.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very, very big game this. Hopefully we won't see the 523 anymore this season... We are materially worse as a team in my opinion and the defensive deficiencies we have do not improve nearly enough to compensate for our lacking attacking output in that formation. I'm not even sure we improve at all defensively. A real no brainer imo. 

Kepa did well against Liverpool so I suppose there is a strong argument for him keeping his place. Even if the club has decided he will be sold in the summer, if he is in better form it makes sense to play him to increase his value for prospective buyers. Injury situation is a bit hairy - Kanté, Abraham, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Willian, Kovacic and Christensen with Jorginho suspended. I think that Kovacic, Willian and Christensen will be on the bench. Loftus-Cheek forced to start... Big risk. 

Think and hope we will see the following (433);

GK: Arrizabalaga RB: Azpilicueta CB: Rüdiger CB: Zouma LB: Alonso CM: Barkley CM: Gilmour CM: Loftus-Cheek RW: Pedro S: Giroud LW:Mount

Subs: Caballero, James, Christensen, Kovacic, Willian, Anjorin, Batshuayi

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
3 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Very, very big game this. Hopefully we won't see the 523 anymore this season... We are materially worse as a team in my opinion and the defensive deficiencies we have do not improve nearly enough to compensate for our lacking attacking output in that formation. I'm not even sure we improve at all defensively. A real no brainer imo. 

Kepa did well against Liverpool so I suppose there is a strong argument for him keeping his place. Even if the club has decided he will be sold in the summer, if he is in better form it makes sense to play him to increase his value for prospective buyers. Injury situation is a bit hairy - Kanté, Abraham, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Willian, Kovacic and Christensen with Jorginho suspended. I think that Kovacic, Willian and Christensen will be on the bench. Loftus-Cheek forced to start... Big risk. 

Think and hope we will see the following (433);

GK: Arrizabalaga RB: Azpilicueta CB: Rüdiger CB: Zouma LB: Alonso CM: Barkley CM: Gilmour CM: Loftus-Cheek RW: Pedro S: Giroud LW:Mount

Subs: Caballero, James, Christensen, Kovacic, Willian, Anjorin, Batshuayi

 

I think Willian and Kovacic are out.

RLC played 90 minutes on Monday. Am fairly sure he'll have at least an hour in him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I think Willian and Kovacic are out.

RLC played 90 minutes on Monday. Am fairly sure he'll have at least an hour in him. 

RLC is made of glass. That 90 mins probably means he is done for this week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jasonb   
9 minutes ago, King Kante said:

RLC is made of glass. That 90 mins probably means he is done for this week. 

On another forum I occasionally visit they all see RLC as the world class player we are missing.

Unfortunately I think he will be more like Wilshire in always breaking down after a sequence of matches. 

I have a childhood  heady injury and have to be very careful of what exercises and how often I practise, if I overdo it, I get bad intra-cranial pressure. I never got a medical diagnosis just had to visit a number of different health practitioners to put the puzzle pieces together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

On another forum I occasionally visit they all see RLC as the world class player we are missing.

Unfortunately I think he will be more like Wilshire in always breaking down after a sequence of matches. 

I have a childhood  heady injury and have to be very careful of what exercises and how often I practise, if I overdo it, I get bad intra-cranial pressure. I never got a medical diagnosis just had to visit a number of different health practitioners to put the puzzle pieces together. 

Surely the first challenge for RLC is 10 top class games for Chelsea before he is 25.  We can worry about fitness and consistency afterwards.
As far as I see Mount and Tammy are already way ahead, with James overtaking him as we speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   

CHO picked up another hamstring injury. Another sign of rushing back too early/intense training. We have done more running this season in games and I am wondering if it is starting to take its toll. These injuries are probably a combination of many things. Too many of them have been muscles injuries which is worrying. 

Edited by chelboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CHO definitely out is a blow, he was the one I thought had a chance of being fit. We obviously haven't heard from Frank yet, but it's safe to assume Pulisic and Kante are both still out for this one. I would think Christensen is fit to play, RLC should be fit to make an appearance, for how long I've no idea, Tammy may be asked to be on the bench and Kovacic and Willian no idea - sounds like Willian has a chance, but Kovacic I think will miss a couple of weeks.

Proper injury crisis time now and at least 1 or 2 players are going to be asked to do jobs they don't normally do. Hmm.

I think we might see something like this:

 

Kepa

James Rudiger Zouma Azpilicueta

Barkley Gilmour Mount

Pedro Giroud Alonso

 

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Emerson, RLC, Willian, Basuahyi, Tammy

 

So frustrated with Jorginho to be missing this one through suspension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now