• Current Donation Goals

paulw66   
12 hours ago, chelboy said:

CHO picked up another hamstring injury. Another sign of rushing back too early/intense training. We have done more running this season in games and I am wondering if it is starting to take its toll. These injuries are probably a combination of many things. Too many of them have been muscles injuries which is worrying. 

If this is true, then someone needs to start asking some serious questions about our approach to players with knocks / strains 

JaneB   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

If this is true, then someone needs to start asking some serious questions about our approach to players with knocks / strains 

Bring back Eva!!

Ham   
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Bring back Eva!!

Levy should bring her in at Spurs.  That would be interesting.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

My impression is that under Sarri we became much more cautious, and protected the players with longer layoffs.  Of course big squad, all much of a muchness, means that is more likely anyway.  But I also had the feeling that it was a Medical team lead decision (nothing specific, it just seemed to be like that).

In that Ferdinand visit to Cobham, there is a brief comment by Frank, that he would like endless full on sharp sessions, but there is always someone over there - he points presumably to the medics/fitness coaches - who tells me to bring them in.  But there is too much light hearted humour in this to be a serious dispute.

In other words I think that we have been much more cautious for a while about knocks/strains, and some of the time out actually reflects greater caution rather than purely more injuries.

paulw66   

Apparently RLC and Pulisic played a game behind closed doors yesterday. Presumes that means neither plays Sunday?

15 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Apparently RLC and Pulisic played a game behind closed doors yesterday. Presumes that means neither plays Sunday?

I guess that means bench at best.

Sounds like a late fitness test for Willian, whilst Kovacic, Hudson-Odoi, Kanté and Abraham are definitely out (plus Jorginho of course). No mention of Christensen so I assume he's available again.

Barkley, Gilmour and Mount sounds like the only option in midfield. 

6 hours ago, JaneB said:

Bring back Eva!!

At risk of being shouted down again, why did we have so few injuries while she was in the hot seat. Was it simply coincidental?

3 minutes ago, blue moon said:

At risk of being shouted down again, why did we have so few injuries while she was in the hot seat. Was it simply coincidental?

Coincidental with winning the Prem the previous season I'd guess.  When all goes well players and staff don't row, players happily play through injuries, and both coaches and medics will let them if they are close to winning career defining trophies.  Start the whole season badly and the medics want to lock the players in the physio room, and the players don't want to come out. 

15 minutes ago, blue moon said:

Could be Eva/medical team, could be training methods, could be squad harmony. Personally, I think it is mainly the first two with the latter being somewhat important but would be more to do with personality. 

Edited by King Kante

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Yeah, cannot seeing them playing. I think the only ones we may see back are Willian and AC. Apart from that the ones currently listed as unavailable will be out.