• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Thank god David Luiz has been around to provide some entertainment on the re-opening day of the season, other than that been pretty boring.

It goes to prove just how important a crowd is doesn't it?

Which is a surprise given how poorly supporters are treated. 

Two games, both as flat as a pancake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
57 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It goes to prove just how important a crowd is doesn't it?

Which is a surprise given how poorly supporters are treated. 

Two games, both as flat as a pancake. 

One thing that is more than evident on what we have seen in the Bundesliga and these two games , is how important the match going fans are.

I have heard people claim that the fans are less and less and important to PL clubs due to the vast amount of money coming from foreign TV deals rather than match day income. It's the fact that PL stadia are generally full that makes the "product" so popular. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

One thing that is more than evident on what we have seen in the Bundesliga and these two games , is how important the match going fans are.

I have heard people claim that the fans are less and less and important to PL clubs due to the vast amount of money coming from foreign TV deals rather than match day income. It's the fact that PL stadia are generally full that makes the "product" so popular. 

DWMH mainly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

I have heard people claim that the fans are less and less and important to PL clubs due to the vast amount of money coming from foreign TV deals rather than match day income. It's the fact that PL stadia are generally full that makes the "product" so popular. 

I think it is the great product that  pulls in the sponsors, foreign and domestic TV AND the full stadiums.  There is some positive feedback from all of them, especially the money that brings in the best players, but I don't think the crowds are the biggest part.

Other wise we would all be watching replays of Charing Cross security cameras from pre-Covid and Arsenal would win everything.
Big crowds are a measure of success, not the cause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile in Italy Sarri loses another final, this time to his former club. Must feel like  a bitter blow. The pressure to win the league is now even greater for him

Edited by Tammy's right foot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
8 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think it is the great product that  pulls in the sponsors, foreign and domestic TV AND the full stadiums.  There is some positive feedback from all of them, especially the money that brings in the best players, but I don't think the crowds are the biggest part.

Other wise we would all be watching replays of Charing Cross security cameras from pre-Covid and Arsenal would win everything.
Big crowds are a measure of success, not the cause.

IRO the bolded bit, that's not what I said.

I was pointing out the full stadia is an important part of the PL product that is now generating obscene amounts of money from abroad. If PL games were being played in front of half empty stadia, the demand from abroad would not be as high. For no logical reason, it is a better experience watching a game on TV when there is a full crowd, so the crowd will always play an important part, even if the ticket and matchday revenue is dwindled (almost to the point of irrelevance) by the TV income. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats the deal with press conferences for the rest of the season? Couldn't find anything about there being one ahead of this, but I saw some clips from Jose doing an online one for spuds. With games nearly every day they can't all be done on the same day like they were before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   

Rumours that Pedro won't be involved, as he's not staying on beyond 30 June. Not sure how true it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
Just now, paulw66 said:

Rumours that Pedro won't be involved, as he's not staying on beyond 30 June. Not sure how true it is. 

Just a shame with these empty stadiums that the likes of Pedro and Willian won't get the send offs they deserve.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.