• Current Donation Goals

7 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I don't disagree with any of that. I must admit I went down this road when we were losing, and against a team who play such a low block, I don't think there is room for Kante and Kovacic. In fact, you need only one from Kante, Kovacic and Jorginho. The other 2 midfielders have to provide a goal threat

Of course it much easier to accomodate a midfielder who doesnt create or score when you have Silva, Silva, De Bruyne, Mahrez, Sane, Sterling, Aguero, Jesus as options further forward. Hopefully it will be the same for us when Ziyech and Werner get going, and much like it was for Makelele when he was playing behind Lampard, Ballack, Gudjohnsen, Crespo, Robben, Duff, Cole, Drogba etc..........

Agreed on the midfield - especially now we can make 5 changes, I'd start any matches against teams you expect to use a low block with one of Kanté/Kovacic/Jorginho and use Mount/RLC/Barkley in the other 2 positions. The reverse would be true for matches against teams that will attack us.

Fernandinho hasn't played in midfield this season. Rodri and Gündogan have played in the deep midfield positions for them.

Blue Rod   
11 hours ago, paulw66 said:

A word on Pulisic

He seems to have a nack of being in the right place. Yesterday's goal, plus the ones against Palace, Valencia and Watford.......all relatively easy but all about being in the right place. 

Avergaes a PL goal every 185 minutes now, and a goal contribution (goal or assist) every 139 minutes, and is still just 21. 

Annoying he missed January through to March, but there we go. 

Pulisic should play more, not only for his goals; everything he does seems to have more purpose, more end products than all our other forwards. 

On 6/21/2020 at 7:33 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Likewise I doubt anyone will acknowledge he hasn't had 3 good games so far.

Well there's you for starters

On 6/21/2020 at 7:33 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Thankyou.

You're welcome!

On 22/06/2020 at 9:48 AM, fillerywhereru said:

I agree, I think we have an unfortunate habit of letting in unecessary goals at times when we are on top in a match. Yesterday was a game that we could have won at a canter and yet it was fairly tight in the end. Great that we have signed two top class forward players but we do have issues further back which will prevent us from a proper title challenge as it stands.

Problem with whoever is the forward is that we dont get the ball into them

Yes also an issue but the signing of Ziyech in combination with Werner will fix that one. But not signing a top defender with negate that a touch.