• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Aston Villa 1 Chelsea 2

3 minutes ago, East Lower said:

I’d willingly give the balance of my season tickets money up to see this season wiped off the records and declared null and void. 

Wouldn’t it be wonderful. 

Not going to happen though, is it? If they shorten the PL season, Liverpool, would simply be declared the winners as it stands. 

24 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Not going to happen though, is it? If they shorten the PL season, Liverpool, would simply be declared the winners as it stands. 

I don't think they will be, as that would mean the three teams in the relegation zone would go down, BUT Aston villa have a game in hand and if they were to win it they would be out of the bottom three.

interesting read here

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8101935/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Closing-footballs-doors-option.html

8 minutes ago, Never happy said:

I don't think they will be, as that would mean the three teams in the relegation zone would go down, BUT Aston villa have a game in hand and if they were to win it they would be out of the bottom three.

interesting read here

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8101935/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Closing-footballs-doors-option.html

Well, I did say 'IF'.

Good article too.

Leo91   

So playing the season to empty stands in soulless, echoing arenas is the best of it, sadly

And what about the players and staff ? Suspension is the only way. If the pandemic goes on for too long you simply void the season and go again when it's safe to do so. A lot of people wont be happy but it's the safest and fairest. 

Edited by Leo91

46 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

Arsenal coach Mikel Arteta tests positive for coronavirus

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/mar/12/coronavirus-live-updates-who-declares-pandemic-as-italy-introduces-stricter-measures

Only a matter of time before the season gets shut down, It would seem the sensible option

With Politicians and sportsmen being tested at random it is becoming clear that the virus is much greater spread than anyone realised.  Pretty sure we are going to find out it has been around from much earlier than the outbreak in China.  

11 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Daily Mail saying Chelsea cancelled training today because of Cornovirus scare of some sort . 

Confirmed to be Hudson Odoi.

5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

With Politicians and sportsmen being tested at random it is becoming clear that the virus is much greater spread than anyone realised.  Pretty sure we are going to find out it has been around from much earlier than the outbreak in China.  

In December I recall a "flu/cold" going around my office. Small office and literally everyone went through a spell of it. And speaking to friends/family there was a sense of "something going around in general."

Honestly believe it may have been this. 

Ham   
2 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

In December I recall a "flu/cold" going around my office. Small office and literally everyone went through a spell of it. And speaking to friends/family there was a sense of "something going around in general."

Honestly believe it may have been this. 

Well coronavirus has been around for years but the covid19 strain is new. Who knows now? 

• Sad 1