• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Bayern Munich 4 Chelsea 1 (7 - 1 on aggregate)

GURJ SS   
1 minute ago, MikelBlue said:

There goes your Emerson marking Lewandowski for the 4th goal. T

Which is why I said into midfield and we could have played a centre back at LB; just like Gallas once did. At times like this managers need to make those decisions and pack up the defence, not get ripped apart one end in the hope of nicking a goal on the odd break.

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Well.... 

We got a homer ref 

A defence who are utterly and absolutely useless. 

A bloke who's borrowed Kante's shirt 

A striker who sleepwalks into a constant offside position. 

A manager who would probably still be our best player if he pulled on his boots. 

A coaching team who surely spend their entire time reminiscing 

A Bayern Munich side who have looked fitter and cleverer than us despite not playing for a month. 

Other than that, tip top. 

Oh...well I caught a 3lb bream 😳

SS_89   

What were people expecting, missing quite a few players, players just coming back from injury and we looked tired in the arsenal game against one of the best teams in world football. Onwards and upwards for next season. 

The biggest issue is the defence needs to be worked on and sorted for next season 

Just now, SS_89 said:

The biggest issue is the defence needs to be worked on and sorted for next season 

We've had an extended season with two months where there were no games and we haven't improved our defending at all, why are you so confident that in six weeks time we'll have sorted everything? 

If you get a corner there has to be an eighty percent change you're going to score. 

The three coaches either need replacing or the world's biggest boot up the arse, it's not all on the players, the coaching team should be answerable. 

I watch us and I have no idea what we are trying to do, none. 

And our collective defending is embarrassing. Embarrassing. 

GURJ SS   

We lacked quality to take on Bayern, but lacked it by bundles, we're way off their standards so it's normal to lose. I'm more disappointed that we weren't set up to frustrate Bayern, they love scoring and hate runners into their channels because of the high line they play. Yet we decided to play our normal system of leaving the backline exposed and no movement into space up top and playing in front of the opposition. Sometimes packing up the defence and playing long balls for someone to head into runners is the way to go, plus I think a huge problem we have is a lack of aggression. Lamps not only played with aggression and fire but played alongside players like JT, Cole, Ballack, Essien, Drogba etc who were aggressive and got stuck in, made themselves get noticed; yet Lamps hasn't been able to or hasn't by choice installed some nastiness into the side. All top teams need it, we have 0%.

Edited by GURJ SS
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

4 goals conceded from 7 shots on target

Must be Willy's fault.

We do have two exceedingly inadequate keepers regardless though Paul. 

GURJ SS   
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

4 goals conceded from 7 shots on target

Must be Willy's fault.

Our problem has never been Kepa, yeah he has made some blunders but a keeper's confidence is built off those in front of them. De Gea is having the same problem and he was rated the best in the world at one point. Keepers need to know that if a shot comes from a certain angle that the players in front of them will cover a certain angle and leave the rest to the keeper (near or far post). Our keeper much like De Gea is having at the moment is shots coming from all angles, so they are forced to wait and react much later, where as when everything is in sync a keeper knows what part of the goals are exposed and can start moving there early.