• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Bayern Munich 4 Chelsea 1 (7 - 1 on aggregate)

2 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Difficult to watch the post match analysis of our defending. Not a pretty sight to see how utterly clueless our defenders are. In slow motion. Christ. 

It was a sobering experience, let's hope somebody shows it to Frank because it was defending from junior school. Utter rubbish. 

JaneB   
6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I reckon you are just winding us up...

Don't much care about the result - just gland the season is over and in a day or so we can talk about the future.
CHO started bright and faded.  Tammy got one clear chance and took it (hurray).  James looked pretty good at this level.  Mount looked enthusiastic for 30 mins.  Zouma was having one of his "good for Everton" days.  No one else impressed at all.  Cabs was v poor and the defence certainly did not look "confident with Cabs behind them".  Never seen Kante outpaced before, but over 10m Davies was 3m quicker - incredible.

So last year I though we had a lot of dead wood, but at least Kepa, Azpi, Rudiger, Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic and Willian were the makings of a good team with the right additions.

WE may have had some good additions back from loan and Pulisic with Pulisic and Ziyech to come - but what happened to our core players this season?
 Of Kepa, Azpi, Rudiger, Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic and Willian  only Azpi and Willian can be said to have matched last seasons performances.
5 key players have been poor.  That stinks.  Why?

I thought Kovacic was many people's player of the season? (low bar though it is)

6 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I thought Kovacic was many people's player of the season? (low bar though it is)

I can't help that.  Last year he was great in the Jorginho role in the rare occasion he played it great in the Kante role in the rare pportunity, and hugely disappointing in the No 8 role which he played often (because Barkley and RLC consistently disappointed).
This year he  has often played in the Jorginho or Kante roles to a lesser level and hardly ever in the No 8 role.  Worse in every position, but a better average I agree.

Edited by Droy was my hero

2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I can't help that.  Last year he was great in the Jorginho role in the rare occasion he played it great in the Kante role in the rare pportunity, and hugely disappointing in the No 8 role which he played often (because Barkley and RLC consistently disappointed).
This year he  has often played in the Jorginho or Kante roles to a lesser level and hardly ever in the No 8 role.  Worse in every position, but a better average I agree.

Do you have an issue with players from Yugoslavia?

Ham   
33 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

4 goals conceded from 7 shots on target

Must be Willy's fault.

Ah Mr 66. I've been expecting you..... 

26 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Only one sub frank?

Roman may just be sharpening his axe , other managers have been sacked for less,

In Romans eyes it doesn't matter we had a lot of injuries and suspensions,

Did you see our bench?

4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Surprised you don't get RSI with your posts on Conte and Kovacic.  

Someone on Reddit said "don't worry, we'll do them 6-0 in the 3rd leg" 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Do you have an issue with players from Yugoslavia?

I said 5 players were worse this year than last.  I guess most agree with 4 out of 5.  Not sure what your point is.

(I like Kovacic in positions he knows how to play.  Awful today coincidentally perhaps not fit).

1 minute ago, Ham said:

Surprised you don't get RSI with your posts on Conte and Kovacic.  

Posting on how posters talk about other posters about football.  It's rather meta.
I guess this post is a level higher...

14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It was a sobering experience, let's hope somebody shows it to Frank because it was defending from junior school. Utter rubbish. 

The defeats included tonight will not have gone unnoticed by a man who has pumped ~1billion in and around the club. 

I support frank, however the clock starts in September. 

Defeats like tonight and over the past season will not be tolerated especially with the potential 200m investment. 

Lets not forget the man who delivered the holy grail CL was gone within 6 months. 

Ham   
Just now, Droy was my hero said:

Posting on how posters talk about other posters about football.  It's rather meta.
I guess this post is a level higher...

Ah.  The ad hominem manouvre. 

I wish Chelsea's defence was a reliable as yours.