• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Bayern Munich 4 Chelsea 1 (7 - 1 on aggregate)

14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

(I like Kovacic in positions he knows how to play.  Awful today coincidentally perhaps not fit).

Yes I agree he seemed to be Tito’ ing around the pitch today. :0)

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

1 hour ago, Original 21 said:

Difficult to watch the post match analysis of our defending. Not a pretty sight to see how utterly clueless our defenders are. In slow motion. Christ. 

[22:00, 07/08/2020] Richard Bartlett: Umm well we have nothing to lose I guess
[22:00, 07/08/2020] Richard Bartlett: But I think they will expose our frailties at the back 😬

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I reckon you are just winding us up...

Don't much care about the result - just gland the season is over and in a day or so we can talk about the future.
CHO started bright and faded.  Tammy got one clear chance and took it (hurray).  James looked pretty good at this level.  Mount looked enthusiastic for 30 mins.  Zouma was having one of his "good for Everton" days.  No one else impressed at all.  Cabs was v poor and the defence certainly did not look "confident with Cabs behind them".  Never seen Kante outpaced before, but over 10m Davies was 3m quicker - incredible.

So last year I though we had a lot of dead wood, but at least Kepa, Azpi, Rudiger, Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic and Willian were the makings of a good team with the right additions.

WE may have had some good additions back from loan and Pulisic with Pulisic and Ziyech to come - but what happened to our core players this season?
 Of Kepa, Azpi, Rudiger, Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic and Willian  only Azpi and Willian can be said to have matched last seasons performances.
5 key players have been poor.  That stinks.  Why?

No wind up. Here's the very fish!

20200808_211520.jpg

• Sad 1

7-1 against Bayern. 

Embarrassing to be honest. There’s so much work to be done defensively. First step must be to buy defenders that actually know about defending. Christensen sure as hell ain’t one of them. Absolute w***. 

Jasonb   

Didn't see the whole match and it was disappointing.

Need to take into account this was effectively the B team due to injuries.

Of course we do need strengthening.

If being honest both 1st and second keeper,

A better CB,

better LB,

Better defensive midfielder,

Maybe even a new RB personally not sure how long Azpi can keep going at RB, it showed again against Arsenal in the FA Final. 

I don't expect this all to happen this season yet surely it needs to start. 

Totally outclassed. At least Tammy is in the goals. Not much more to be positive about (at this level).

We are clearly not amongst the big boys in Europe anymore. Even with Eden Hazard we weren't. In fact, I can't recall the last time any Chelsea side could have been counted amongst the best in Europe. Under Ancelotti during the first season I suppose.

Ham   
10 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Totally outclassed. At least Tammy is in the goals. Not much more to be positive about (at this level).

We are clearly not amongst the big boys in Europe anymore. Even with Eden Hazard we weren't. In fact, I can't recall the last time any Chelsea side could have been counted amongst the best in Europe. Under Ancelotti during the first season I suppose.

Tammy was 95% poor tonight.  Seemed to be constantly standing in an offside position when someone was looking for him.  

The goal doesn't mask a poor performance. 

Blue Rod   

People talk about us buying a new back 4 to start to learn how to defend. I should add that we also need a new middle 4 then we can start learning how to organise our modfield, a new front two, followed by lessons on forward play, and, ... a new keeper, before we can start our goalkeeping training. 

Sometimes you just have to call it straight. We are in a mess. The CL qualification can't hide it. We were playing CL tonight, and barely looked like a team fit to play in it. So many experienced senior players have faded to the point of complete disappearance. The youngsters have all gone backwards, all of them. 

It is quite possible that in 4 years time, Frank Lampard will turn out a manager capable of the Chelsea job, who knows. But for now, I honestly think that Marina and Mr RA should pull the curtain on this blind adventure. 

Everywhere on the pitch tonight, and beyond, you could see where things have gone wrong at Chelsea. For example; who in their right frame of mind saw in Ross Barkley a PL footballer?

We have been making mediocre choices, from the appointment of Marina herself, to player signing,  manager appointment, and somehow we have kept our fingers crossed that it will all add to success. It maybe that Michael Emenalo made it look too easy. I remember some fans celebrating when he departed, and I was, wtf!

Edited by Blue Rod

DannyLB   
2 hours ago, kratos said:

A lot of work has to be done for the next campaign.

And this simple sentence is exactly how I’d sum up this season. Yes, it had romantic moments but I’d very much like to go back to the days in which we truly competed. 

51 minutes ago, Ham said:

Tammy was 95% poor tonight.  Seemed to be constantly standing in an offside position when someone was looking for him.  

The goal doesn't mask a poor performance. 

Oh no doubt. But Tammy had a long spell where he couldn't get a goal prior to lockdown. Give me a poor but scoring Tammy instead any day of the week..