• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Bayern Munich 4 Chelsea 1 (7 - 1 on aggregate)

paulw66   
14 hours ago, Ham said:

Ah Mr 66. I've been expecting you..... 

Do you disagree? The way we defend makes it impossible for the gk, whoever it is.

Free headers and shots from 6 yards....and people blame the goalie

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

We'll, seeing as Hazard was responsible for, what was it, 68% (?) of all our goals last season, maybe the fear of leaving Hazard unattended meant that everyone else was under less intense pressure. 

So Hazard and Ronaldo suddenly having wonderful seasons was the reason why Sarri did so well.  Shame neither were so good in the previous 3 seasons (on Hazard in the next)

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

One thing I do know is Sarri is done. If he gets another job in football it'll be with a mid table side with absolutely no expectation of success. He's a system manager and his system bores the pants off successful players. 

I bet Hazard is loving having a poor season without Sarri.

10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Do you disagree? The way we defend makes it impossible for the gk, whoever it is.

Free headers and shots from 6 yards....and people blame the goalie

Yes.  I think the absence of shots from safe distances is telling.  that is what you get when a defence (back 7) is doing its job

Just now, Droy was my hero said:

So Hazard and Ronaldo suddenly having wonderful seasons was the reason why Sarri did so well.  Shame neither were so good in the previous 3 seasons (on Hazard in the next)

I bet Hazard is loving having a poor season without Sarri.

Yes.  I think the absence of shots from safe distances is telling.  that is what you get when a defence (back 7) is doing its job

As you know doubt know, Hazards poor season stemmed from him  coming into the new season around a stone overweight. 

Claiming Sarri as being the driving force behind Hazard and Ronald's relative successes is a stretch even from you. 

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

As you know doubt know, Hazards poor season stemmed from him  coming into the new season around a stone overweight. 

Claiming Sarri as being the driving force behind Hazard and Ronald's relative successes is a stretch even from you. 

So a bit like James this season.  Manager and fitness team to blame.  Besides even a stone is easy to lose if you are a professional footballer.  Hazard was always half a stone overweight pre-season - so are most players.  Pre-season training is like 3500 Calories a day (= 1lb a day)

So explain to me why both Hazard and Ronaldo just had their best season under Sarri   (best in 4 years at 35 for Ronaldo).
How does Sarri not get the credit for that (and trophies)?

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

So a bit like James this season.  Manager and fitness team to blame.  Besides even a stone is easy to lose if you are a professional footballer.  Hazard was always half a stone overweight pre-season - so are most players.  Pre-season training is like 3500 Calories a day (= 1lb a day)

So explain to me why both Hazard and Ronaldo just had their best season under Sarri   (best in 4 years at 35 for Ronaldo).

Yes, normally when a player excels, the manager takes credit for getting the best out of him.....

14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

What Sarri got was the sack. 

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

What Sarri got was the sack. 

That story will be interesting if it ever emerges.
Many thought he got the sack last year, well that turned out differently.
Pirlo was appointed July 20 as U23 manager.  Since then Juve lost 3 out of 4 Serie A games (emphasising just what a big lead they had) and lost despite winning the CL game.

It seems safe to say that Sarri and probably the whole squad knew he was out.  But we know Sarri from his arrival and departure here.  He doesn't talk secrets to the press.  We may never find out the whole story from him at all.   (It is one of the reasons many respect Sarri and disrespect Conte).

I'm more interested in discussing what got Sarri the Juve job.  That was getting great seasons out of Kepa, Rudiger, Luix, Azpi, Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Willian, and Hazard.
Only 2 of these Willian and Azpi can be said to have performed as well this year (but they have been consistent for 8 years and 8 managers now.

25 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

That story will be interesting if it ever emerges.

It's already emerged and interestingly he's been sacked 

PS. Stop saying many when you mean you. 

Edited by Mark Kelly

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's already emerged and interestingly he's been sacked 

PS. Stop saying many when you mean you. 

But not why or when.  
And I do mean many.  There is only a small handful on here that still bait Sarri and they are invariably the ones who completely misjudged him 2 years ago but won't admit it.

11 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

But not why or when.  
And I do mean many.  There is only a small handful on here that still bait Sarri and they are invariably the ones who completely misjudged him 2 years ago but won't admit it.

Why because he got knocked out of the Champions league 

When, immediately after he got knocked out of the Champions league. 

The ones who really didn't reckon Sarri were the players.