• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Bayern Munich 4 Chelsea 1 (7 - 1 on aggregate)

Ham   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Do you disagree? The way we defend makes it impossible for the gk, whoever it is.

Free headers and shots from 6 yards....and people blame the goalie

No I don't disagree at all.  Neither are good enough and neither helped by awful defending.

42 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Many thought he got the sack last year, well that turned out differently.

It would have been extremely unusual and without precedent for Chelsea to simply allow a manager they wanted to simply walk away from his contract after one year.  

9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Why because he got knocked out of the Champions league 

When, immediately after he got knocked out of the Champions league. 

Stop pretending you are dumber than you are.  The replacement was named as U23 coach on July 20th.

9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The ones who really didn't reckon Sarri were the players. 

Except there isn't a player we had who played better the season before or the season after Sarri (well maybe Morata after but the bar was very low).

8 minutes ago, Ham said:

It would have been extremely unusual and without precedent for Chelsea to simply allow a manager they wanted to simply walk away from his contract after one year.  

Well yes - it must have been done very professionally and demonstrates enormous respect on both sides.

I think the precedent of a manager signing a big contract upgrade after 12 months and then trying to walk weeks later and the very bitter response from the club probably made it a lot lot easier for a man of respect like Sarri.

You don't quite say it though - do you think Sarri was sacked?

4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Stop pretending you are dumber than you are. 

I will when you do. 

JaneB   
19 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Stop pretending you are dumber than you are.  The replacement was named as U23 coach on July 20th.

Except there isn't a player we had who played better the season before or the season after Sarri (well maybe Morata after but the bar was very low).

Well yes - it must have been done very professionally and demonstrates enormous respect on both sides.

I think the precedent of a manager signing a big contract upgrade after 12 months and then trying to walk weeks later and the very bitter response from the club probably made it a lot lot easier for a man of respect like Sarri.

14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I will when you do. 

Gentlemen please.

You two have been voted the most popular posters on here and I love your discussions and opinions, but this stuff.....REALLY? :-(

21 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Gentlemen please.

You two have been voted the most popular posters on here and I love your discussions and opinions, but this stuff.....REALLY? :-(

Serve and volley Jane, have you ever seen me tell anyone they're speaking bollix? 

I rest my case. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Gentlemen please.

If Droys the most entertaining then my aunt Sally is my uncle Bob....was a postal vote system used?  ( but he does make me laugh out loud quite a bit I suppose) . Perhaps we could have a category next year for " Biggest know it all and most patronising". 

Votes in the post. 

Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

What happened to the culture of making a forceful argument without insulting someone. Dumb, obsessed, haters, '... these are not football words.

And by the way, no one was baiting Sarri in this forum. You don't have to keep trying to make people feel bad about stating their opinions. This is what football forum is all about, after all. I, for example, pointed out that Sarri was a decent manager, no more, and certainly not top European quality. I also said that he is not nearly as good as the manager he was replacing at Juventus. I predicted that he will be sacked after two seasons. I counted on Juventus having a bit more patience than most clubs. That they sacked him after one season would suggest that the powers at Juve did not see any prospect of him turning things around next season.

Sacking a manager is a forward-looking decision rather than punishment (or reward) for the season gone. 

I do agree with your earlier point about Sarri improving the performance of Hazard and Cristiano Ronaldo. However, he did that by allowing both players the freedom to play what they like, how they like, when and where they like. But as we know, that does not necessarily translate into good team performance. Rather it is about Sarri asking talented players to carry him as a manager. If you know that you are doing as a manager, you don't need to give a blank card to star players at the expense of the team. 

Ham   
3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

The first paragraph is pure comedy. 

The second a strawman argument.

As for the third, constructively. Letting a manager leave because you want him to leave is as close to sacked as it gets.  Again, why would Chelsea let him walk if they rated him?

55 minutes ago, Ham said:

As for the third, constructively. Letting a manager leave because you want him to leave is as close to sacked as it gets.  Again, why would Chelsea let him walk if they rated him?

4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

4 hours ago, Ham said:

The first paragraph is pure comedy. 

Most entertaining poster of the year!!

For what its worth I don't think we could wait to get rid of him and when he knew he had another job I don't think he could wait to leave. 

Chelsea knew he was going to walk so they didn't need to officially sack him. But officially sacked he would have been imo. It was a bit of who blinked first and they both blinked together.