• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Bayern Munich 4 Chelsea 1 (7 - 1 on aggregate)

Caballero

James Rüdiger Zouma Emerson

Kante Kovacic

Willian Mount Hudson-Odoi 

Giroud

Subs: Arrizabalaga, Tomori, Christensen, Barkley, Bate, Loftus-Cheek, Abraham, Batshuayi, Broja

If any of the above are still injured we're going to struggle to fill a 9 man bench. Some U21s will hastily be added to the B list this week. 

Leo91   

Be surprised if Willian makes it. Kante maybe a cameo. 

xCELERYx   
5 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

Caballero

James Rüdiger Zouma Emerson

Kante Kovacic

Willian Mount Hudson-Odoi 

Giroud

Subs: Arrizabalaga, Tomori, Christensen, Barkley, Bate, Loftus-Cheek, Abraham, Batshuayi, Broja

If any of the above are still injured we're going to struggle to fill a 9 man bench. Some U21s will hastily be added to the B list this week. 

This game is as good as gone anyway, so there's probably little point in risking the likes of Kante, Willian or Loftus-Cheek.

5 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

This game is as good as gone anyway, so there's probably little point in risking the likes of Kante, Willian or Loftus-Cheek.

I dont know. Bayern will be lacking sharpness. Early goal and who knows...

Blue Rod   
16 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm with you on the idea, just not with that as evidence.

Yes.  Squeezing out Barkely, Christensen,  Bats, Emerson, Pedro was not a great achievement.

But only Pulisic and Mount look like regular starters in a title winning team.  Abraham looked likely for a few months.

Willian and Giroud look more essential than ever despite being 32 & 34 by the time the Prem starts.

Kepa Rudiger Jorginho all look lesser players this year than last.  And Kante has developed fitness issues he never had before.

In terms of rebuild I'm not sure the club has got very far (other than having a clear list of who can go for certain).  Marina (and team) and Mount take most of any credit available.

(James - at least a stone overweight for a footballer - I can only imagine what he might be at a fighting weight, I can't imagine him playing two PL seasons without serious injury as he is.  Needs to talk to Zouma who does seem determined to keep his weight under control.  I'm concerned about the fitness back up to Frank as I am with the coaches.  They are straight out of last year's Academy team too).

I think our tasks next season is more challenging than our 4th position may suggest. We are "losing" senior players at a rate that even Abramovich couldn't replace, and the younger players as a group have failed to progress. I used the word losing because that is what it translates into - they dip in performance and never come back up.

Kepa, Rudiger, Alonso, Emerson, Willian, Jorginho, Azpilicueta, Christensen - the list goes on. Even Kante has not been the same. The only time I can remember at Chelsea when we had so many senior players playing so poorly all at the same was when a mamager is on its way out. I'm not suggesting that this the case for Frank Lampard.

What strikes me most is the complete absence of any positive body language or vibes between the senior players and Frank Lampard, on and off the screen. They might as well be in different locations. 

So the question is, what needs to happen for this bunch of senior players to suddenly up their performance next season, and do it by a huge margin? Because Roman Abramovich can't replace all of them. 

The younger players have not only failed to progress; they have regressed. Mount sparkles now and again, but lacks any steady upward trajectory of progress. James is looking more disorientated by every match,  CHO hasn't has much game time, but equally hasnt had many fine moments. Tomori has been sudelined  unfairly, imo. RLC doesn't look like he's been training.

Add all this up and Frank Lampard's job next season makes this season a walk in the park. 

Edited by Blue Rod

14 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Oh I am sure.  The question though is whether any of the fitness coaches are able to give good advice.  None of them have been involved a first team season of 50+ games, they have been with youth and U23 teams with 25-30  games a season  (except Chris Jones, but then he is now a football coach not a fitness coach).

This is real straw man stuff.

• Like 1

paulw66   
6 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

What I was going to say. Anyone not 100% fit stays at home

5 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

I dont know. Bayern will be lacking sharpness. Early goal and who knows...

We all know.

If we had a fully fit squad, including Pulisic and with Kante on top of his game, I'd say go for it. We don't. We are wheeling out the walking wounded.

If we pick up more injuries in this one, we face the risk of being in a very dark place for the first league game. The task now is even more improbable than it was before Saturday's injuries. It simply isn't worth it.

6 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

I think we can also, in theory, register players that are now back from loan - if any of them are actually at Cobham and in shape.

paulw66   
39 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

I think we can also, in theory, register players that are now back from loan - if any of them are actually at Cobham and in shape.

Hmmmmm not so sure.

I am not sure how many youngsters can play - don't they have to be registered?

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Hmmmmm not so sure.

I am not sure how many youngsters can play - don't they have to be registered?

From UEFA:

Can clubs register new players?

Yes, teams can register a maximum of three new 'List A' players. But there are a couple of caveats:

• Each squad is still limited to 25 List A players (players can be removed to make room);
  • Players must have been already registered and eligible to play for the club at domestic level since 3 February.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/025f-0fd4721b794e-bfa28091239f-1000--changes-for-this-season/?iv=true

What is List B?

A player may be registered on List B if he is born on, or after, 1 January 1998 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday (players aged 16 may be submitted if they have been registered with the club for the previous two years). Clubs are entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season, but the list must be submitted by no later than 24:00CET the day before a match.