• Current Donation Goals

Sign in to follow this  
JaneB

Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Champions League Round of 16 2nd Leg match against Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00, Wednesday 18th March, 2020 (Local UK time/date).

We beat the so-called "Greatest Team in The World™" 2-0, a game in which we fashioned enough chances to win 3-0/4-0.

So we can beat these lot, who the aforementioned brushed aside easily this time last year. Albeit with a result (3-1) that will not do for us. 

I'm not even joking. We obviously aren't the finished article. But we do have the raw quality and if we can reproduce our greatest game of the season, we'll at least have a spell of the game with hope. At the very least I want to see a portion of the game where we make Bayern get a little nervy. An early goal from us will do nicely. 

I've seen enough Champions League games where so-called "over after the 1st leg" games suddenly swing wildly in the 2nd leg (not always with the result being overturned, but still) it happens far more often than perhaps people think, especially in games between teams from the top 4/5 leagues. A mixture of the winning team becoming too complacent and the losing team going all guns blazing with nothing to lose, and the latter in certain scenarios taking advantage of "knowing the score we need" especially with away goals in the mix, which to me althoigh not logical (both teams know the score they need) it's a kind of psychological trick/hack. Kind of like how in Cricket it sometimes feels better to bat 2nd, you know what the target is and can orchestrate your innings around that, it's sometimes difficult to give yourself pressure to perform at your best batting 1st because you have no target pressure. 

It doesn't matter how much a team psychologically conditions themselves, a comfortable 1st leg will always, always cause them to be less intense than they otherwise would be. And we have to get into their minds and start the game as intensely as possible to catch them asleep and off guard. Then the tone of the game is set from there and anything can happen. 

ChAoS   

believe! Billiesta to start ! Let's give them a game

Rob B   

BILD are reporting that this will be played in an empty stadium due to Covid-19!!  

30 minutes ago, Rob B said:

BILD are reporting that this will be played in an empty stadium due to Covid-19!!  

Good - much greater chance of a freak result.

7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Good - much greater chance of a freak result.

Despite my post above, I'm going the cynical route on this particular piece of news.

Juventus swept the floor with Inter behind closed doors a few days ago. 

I think the lack of noise helps the players communicate more clearly and that higher level of communication is a bigger advantage to the more accomplished and experienced teams. 

Stim   
5 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Juventus swept the floor with Inter behind closed doors a few days ago. 

based on posts I read about Sarri and Conte then this is a freak result

3 hours ago, Stim said:

based on posts I read about Sarri and Conte then this is a freak result

Yeah  - I read those posts too.
Cuadrado playing FB I see.  Another impossibility.

paulw66   
14 hours ago, Rob B said:

Confirmed.