• Current Donation Goals

Sign in to follow this  
JaneB

Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

chara   

Any of you played in front of a real crowd?.....The difference when no crowd especially at the top level is not in being able to hear and communicate but in ..to oversimplify...the adrenalin and lifting by the crowd response.

Leo91   

I did a borough sports day at Twickenham stadium with a few thousand in the crowd. You definitely get an adrenaline spike from the crowd and it eeks out that bit more performance from you. If Bayern are taking it for granted and ease off a little bit and we're switched on, we can easily get a goal or two without a return and then it's game on.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

I did a borough sports day at Twickenham stadium with a few thousand in the crowd. You definitely get an adrenaline spike from the crowd and it eeks out that bit more performance from you. If Bayern are taking it for granted and ease off a little bit and we're switched on, we can easily get a goal or two without a return and then it's game on.

I know a fellow believer when I see one!

Leo91   
1 minute ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I know a fellow believer when I see one!

But they're so good they can turn it on like a switch and batter us again. 

10 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

But they're so good they can turn it on like a switch and batter us again. 

And a fellow sceptic.
But objectively, no crowd make random results and extreme results more likely IMO.  It is highly possible now that one side wins 4-0.

paulw66   
15 hours ago, Leo91 said:

18 hours ago, chara said:

Any of you played in front of a real crowd?.....The difference when no crowd especially at the top level is not in being able to hear and communicate but in ..to oversimplify...the adrenalin and lifting by the crowd response.

I ran the Brighton marathon a few years back. Much easier running when there is a crowd jeering than when you are just jogging around the streets. 

7 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I ran the Brighton marathon a few years back. Much easier running when there is a crowd jeering than when you are just jogging around the streets. 

Were you that bad?

• Haha 1

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Were you that bad?

ha, yes! I think running in the nude upset a few, even in Brighton. 

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

ha, yes! I think running in the nude upset a few, even in Brighton. 

There is a beach for that.  I used to run past it a lot, but I never saw anyone nude.  Bunch of prudes in Brighton.

Sorry if this is off topic, but is there a place where we discuss football outside of Chelsea games? Last posts in the general football forum are from mid 2019.