• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Leicester City 0 Chelsea 1

Blue Rod   
8 minutes ago, Bison said:

To be fair to the lad he had the misfortune of being a passing option for Ross Barkley.

Nobody looks competent under such circumstances.

The Barkley passes today are ones to forget. But I saw something a lot more troubling. RLC looks completely out of place with or without the ball - lack of energy, stamina, composure, or interest? No idea. 

7 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Another game professionally dealt with, but Barclay. Where to start. Every time he gets the ball you can actually hear the gears grinding in his head, and they don't grind too fast. OK he got the goal but I have yet to see him play a game where he is on top of things and directing play. He just relies on his physical attributes to get him out of trouble but he must be so easy to mark out of the game.

Directing the play isn't really his game though, is it? Barkley is a decent player - a harshly judged one too. The guy is a solid performer and squad option. 

Look at Pool and you see Henderson and Milner - far from brilliant players but they are heavily involved and do their jobs when asked.

Is Barkley there to be sitting deep and pinging passes all over the field? No. He's someone to drive the attack forward and he serves that purpose more often than not. He's strong, fairly quick, decent player technically and he gives us that extra in the final third from midfield. 

The reason he is so heavily involved in Lampard's team should be fairly obvious IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Blue Rod   

A word about Pulisic. Whenever he has played, he has looked our most accomplished attacking player. If I were to take a forward out of the current bunch to build a new team, he'd be the one. He seems the only forward to know what to do in every situation, even when it doesn't come off. 

I must say, I didn't think so highly of him when we signed him. But he has looked a high quality player at every match. 

Edited by Blue Rod

chelboy   

It was another 45 mins of why Barkley can be frustrating but also productive. His decision making is something that simply wont change. The fact he got two chances to play Pedro in and made the wrong decision twice is pretty depressing. Good finish in the end but that’s just instincts. When he has to think outside of the box he struggles. The only tactic I would give him is get into the box and don’t overthink. Anything else is a waste of time as he wont be able to do it. 

On RLC we wont see him anywhere near his old stuff for at least 6 months. I would say November should be when we see him coming back hopefully. If not then thats it then. 

JaneB   

Top class post match interview from Frank.

Pleased but far from happy.

Not a huge amount to be pleased about from the players on the pitch tbh. Need to see more from almost all of them. What I am pleased about is Frank. Yet again, his substitutions paid off. I liked his post-match interview and I liked to hear this from Barkley on Frank's half time team talk: 

"He said it is just not good enough for the Chelsea badge to be performing like that in the first half. We need to be more vocal. I then could have done better with the final pass in the second half. Me and others."

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

Maybe we as supporters should look at ourselves. We are seeing so many games now where the home team isn't getting the advantage of home support. We however don't seem too affected. Maybe it's Frank's management or else it's us not really being missed. The media were right all along us being the plastic flag waving, prawn sandwich brigade. :-)

Another game professionally dealt with, but Barclay. Where to start. Every time he gets the ball you can actually hear the gears grinding in his head, and they don't grind too fast. OK he got the goal but I have yet to see him play a game where he is on top of things and directing play. He just relies on his physical attributes to get him out of trouble but he must be so easy to mark out of the game.

Semi against United please.

NO THANKS, ARSENAL PLEASE

Arkie   
24 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

United, then. Maybe we'll have run out of ways to be the better side but still convincingly lose?

Tough draw... again