• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Leicester City 0 Chelsea 1

paulw66   
52 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

William is now my Marmite

I was in favour for him to go last summer, however with the ongoing squad rebuild, his natural class and commitment "being very evident since the restart" giving him another years contract is probably sound business.

Well, for 2020/21, our forward line options will contain Pulisic, CHO, Abraham, Werner and Ziyech all of whom are either young and or new to English football. Willian's experience for another year may be invaluable. 

Blue Rod   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Well, for 2020/21, our forward line options will contain Pulisic, CHO, Abraham, Werner and Ziyech all of whom are either young and or new to English football. Willian's experience for another year may be invaluable. 

One of the problems with Willian is that we start him and expect him to set the pace of the game for us, on and off the ball. He collects the ball, stops, moves forward a little, releases it and it's like job done. The younger players then immediately follow his pace, and we end up trying to walk to victory from the first blow of the whistle. 

Willian is a different player when he is moving fast and reacting quickly. Lately he does seem like he's playing with a cigar in his mouth. Maybe coming on at 75 min to potentially take credit for turning a game around would motivate him.

Edited by Blue Rod

Willian won't stay unless he gets 2 years..(he wont get that, only plays for about 10 mins a game, can't be relied on IMO)

21 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Willian won't stay unless he gets 2 years..(he wont get that, only plays for about 10 mins a game, can't be relied on IMO)

One brief media chat6 months ago  - where he essentially attempts to duck the whole issue - they offer 2 years I want 3, so we are pretty close.

And suddenly the whole world treats the future of Chelsea football as being based on a single non-negotiable demand.

The significance of the statement is not as an absolute certainty, it is that the comment is the only damn thing any journalist has got on Willian's future.

Ham   
Just now, GURJ SS said:

At times we move the ball so slow that I have to check my TV remote to see if I haven't accidentally pressed pause.

.... or gone to the wrong thread 

• Haha 1

GURJ SS   
3 minutes ago, Ham said:

.... or gone to the wrong thread 

Oh yeah lol