• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Leicester City 0 Chelsea 1

paulw66   
45 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Leicester seem to have been pretty poor against Brighton yesterday.
Motm I was shocked to discover was Tariq Lamptey, making his Brighton full debut.
Debut for Chelsea on Dec 29 and sold to Brighton in January.  I missed that.  

Hope he does well.

He wouldn't sign a new deal, I presume because he is behind Reece James for that position. Looks a tidy player, but quite small. 

5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

He wouldn't sign a new deal, I presume because he is behind Reece James for that position. Looks a tidy player, but quite small. 

He was certainly flinging himself into challenges with abandon, he played well I thought. 

7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Leicester seem to have been pretty poor against Brighton yesterday.
Motm I was shocked to discover was Tariq Lamptey, making his Brighton full debut.
Debut for Chelsea on Dec 29 and sold to Brighton in January.  I missed that.  

Hope he does well.

I know many Brighton supporters and they think they have found a real gem. 

FA Cup... does seem a bit pointless. Considering the amount of games clubs have to play in such a short period, on lower fitness levels in probably warmer conditions than normal, it does seem strange to continue with the FA Cup. I'd understand it if we were at Semi-Final stage, and you could just have semi's and final played after the league finishes and played over a week, but to just add extra congestion seems silly, in my opinion.

Clearly the league is our priority and the same for Leicester, so I'm expecting quite a few changes for both sides and think the result could go any way, just get to that result in the 90 mins, please.

Think we could see something like:

Caballero

James Rudiger Zouma Emerson

Gilmour Jorginho Kovacic

Pedro Tammy RLC

Subs: Kepa, Azpi, Christensen, Alonso, Barkley, Mount, Willian, CHO/Anjorin, Giroud

Saw a stat on the CFC app that we have won the FA Cup the last 4 times we have beaten them in the competition. Given we've won it 8 times that seems like a good omen. 

Leicester have been in bad form now for quite a while, since around January. Only 1 point behind them in the league and their run in looks very tough. Our remaining fixtures don't look too bad with the City game out the way. Liverpool away 2nd last game of the season might not be the tough fixture it would have been earlier in the season. 

With United on fire and the easiest games left of all I think Leicester will be starting to get seriously concerned about missing out on top 4 all together. They might be left to wait out the Man City court case to save their season.

Now the games are coming thick and fast, squad depth is going to play a huge role in the remainder of the season. The teams that are built to play in Europe mid-week should really benefit especially given the quite controversial 5 sub rule. I think our squad is much superior to theirs and I really fancy us to win tomorrow and to overtake them in the league. 

Edited by Willian Dollar Baby

Rob B   
14 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Caballero

Gilmour Jorginho Kovacic

Pedro Tammy RLC

Subs: Kepa, Azpi, Christensen, Alonso, Barkley, Mount, Willian, CHO/Anjorin, Giroud

Expecting to see something very close to this too. My worry would be that it doesn’t exactly scream goals - in fact the first 7 outfield players offer zero goal threat whatsoever, so I think I’d be tempted to squeeze Mount or Pulisic in. 

15 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Caballero

Gilmour Jorginho Kovacic

Pedro Tammy RLC

Just 7 games + cup left and we do have a big squad, with plenty of score for subs, I don't see the purpose of rests right now (and where did Kante go?)

Best team is

Kepa

Azpi   Rudiger  Christensen  Alonso

Kante Jorginho Mount

Willian Tammy Pulisic

So pick them for the first 45 mins.  At most rest one FB for James.

Ham   
8 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Just 7 games + cup left and we do have a big squad, with plenty of score for subs, I don't see the purpose of rests right now (and where did Kante go?)

Best team is

Kepa

Azpi   Rudiger  Christensen  Alonso

Kante Jorginho Mount

Willian Tammy Pulisic

So pick them for the first 45 mins.  At most rest one FB for James.

You're forgetting that we might have a few CL games to play as well 🙄

Sciatika   

There must be something wrong with me. Every time I see the third (black) kit, I am reminded of Victorian bathing costumes.