• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Leicester City 0 Chelsea 1

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our FA Cup Quarter Final match against Leicester City at the King Power Stadium, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16.00 hrs. Sunday, 28th June 2020 (Local UK time/date) (Live on BT Sport)

JaneB   

paulw66   

Struggling to get excited about the FA Cup

It's all about going to Wembley, and if I can't do that.........

bert19   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Struggling to get excited about the FA Cup

It's all about going to Wembley, and if I can't do that.........

Quite fancied us for the FA Cup before the lockdown.  

Now, not sure I care much to be honest (beyond the obvious of always wanting us to win). 

The league games are more important.  Get the CL place.  Cup games just feel like up to 3 unnecessary game in an already ridiculously congested 7-8 weeks 

paulw66   
14 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Quite fancied us for the FA Cup before the lockdown.  

Now, not sure I care much to be honest (beyond the obvious of always wanting us to win). 

The league games are more important.  Get the CL place.  Cup games just feel like up to 3 unnecessary game in an already ridiculously congested 7-8 weeks 

Seems like a real unnecessary extra, like you say

Can understand the importance of getting a league season done, but a cup? Even taking away my own reasons, surely what most people associate with the FA Cup, is the day out at Wembley for the final. Will be a farce with an empty stadium

58 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Can understand the importance of getting a league season done, but a cup? 

Knocked Liverpool out.  Job done.

I hate to say it but.... The league is our priority, we simply must qualify for the Champions league. 

I'd say play the kids but we already are. 

paulw66   
On 22/06/2020 at 4:01 PM, Mark Kelly said:

I hate to say it but.... The league is our priority, we simply must qualify for the Champions league. 

I'd say play the kids but we already are. 

Now that everyone is back, the squad looks quite deep. Could easily see James, Emerson, Tomori, Zouma, Gimour, Barkley, and CHO all starting  

Leicester seem to have been pretty poor against Brighton yesterday.
Motm I was shocked to discover was Tariq Lamptey, making his Brighton full debut.
Debut for Chelsea on Dec 29 and sold to Brighton in January.  I missed that.  

Hope he does well.