• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Billy Gilmour

24 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Quite. I don't see how loaning him to a level that is already beneath him is going to help 

Really?  I don't see him playing more than 7 or 8 PL starts for us next season.  Any two of Kante, Kovacic and Jorginho are going to start ahead of him normally, plus possible someone bought in (and or Gallagher).
It really is in his best interest to be on loan at a club.  Best in the Championship where like Mount he can deal with the aggression early on in his career.  And with his small size any manager is going to balk at playing him if the team goes through a poor run - not least Lampard who already has a midfield of midgets.

The boy did great in 2 games,  but this seems to be more to do with a disrespect shown to Jorginho, Kante's frustrating injuries and Kovacic's recent form.

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Really?  I don't see him playing more than 7 or 8 PL starts for us next season.  Any two of Kante, Kovacic and Jorginho are going to start ahead of him normally, plus possible someone bought in (and or Gallagher).
It really is in his best interest to be on loan at a club.  Best in the Championship where like Mount he can deal with the aggression early on in his career.  And with his small size any manager is going to balk at playing him if the team goes through a poor run - not least Lampard who already has a midfield of midgets.

The boy did great in 2 games,  but this seems to be more to do with a disrespect shown to Jorginho, Kante's frustrating injuries and Kovacic's recent form.

We're definitely going to sell Jorginho or Kante or both . I feel it in my bones .

24 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

We're definitely going to sell Jorginho or Kante or both . I feel it in my bones .

We'll do well to shift Kante at a top price.  Essentially what chief medical doctor would approve the purchase of Kante at anything below a full price knowing that his peer doctor at Chelsea, with a ton more data,  has approved the sale.
I wouldn't begrudge either going.  Both deserve to be challenging for stuff, not 4th place and EL,  and Jorginho has been shamefully treated by media and some fans.
The big positive for both of coming to Chelsea though has been getting out of their previous clubs at the top.  Just as those nice guys Sarri and Ranieri left too.

16 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

We'll do well to shift Kante at a top price.  Essentially what chief medical doctor would approve the purchase of Kante at anything below a full price knowing that his peer doctor at Chelsea, with a ton more data,  has approved the sale.
I wouldn't begrudge either going.  Both deserve to be challenging for stuff, not 4th place and EL,  and Jorginho has been shamefully treated by media and some fans.
The big positive for both of coming to Chelsea though has been getting out of their previous clubs at the top.  Just as those nice guys Sarri and Ranieri left too.

As I said previously , I am not advocating we sell them , just I think the board would like to cash in whilst they can , particularly when it appears we may lose Willian for nothing .

I'm sure I'm ploughing my usual lone furrow here but I honestly believe we play as a better team when Kante isn't involved . Sacrilege.

47 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

OK  then, now that we've clarified that, can we get back to Gilmour? 

Sorry Mike , used the unread comment and didn't realise it was off topic .

Kezza   

If Billy can improve his physical attributes he'll be a world beater. I think that is the only thing that cast some doubt over him on his potential. Doesnt have to be talk or big even. A little like Modric or Iniesta would suffice.

4 hours ago, Kezza said:

If Billy can improve his physical attributes he'll be a world beater. I think that is the only thing that cast some doubt over him on his potential. Doesnt have to be talk or big even. A little like Modric or Iniesta would suffice.

Absolutely. Size for a striker is relatively important but if Gilmour has size around him in midfield it's not that important.  That's why the issue of Kante and Jorginho pops up. History has shown that some of Chelsea's most influential players have been small...Nevin, Zola, Wise, Makka. And I actually think that Scottish blood has that extra bit of grit in it ( think David Speedie). The time will come when we are building a team around this lad. It's seems insane to say that after 2 games but in very rare circumstances it's as plain as the nose on your face. 

5 hours ago, Kezza said:

I heard an interview with him yesterday complaining that "his song" says he's only 5Ft 4" tall and he is in fact 5Ft 7" . So not as tiny as he's taken to be . I agree , with a touch more bulk being needed though .