• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Coronavirus COVID-19

JaneB   

As requested (but Michael has the final say)

JaneB   

Well let's try and be kind and supportive.  No point scoring.

Someone has just told me to stop panicking, stop reading the newspapers online, stop reading Piers Morgan's twitter feed (yes I do!!) and have faith in the medical experts who are guiding our response.

Easier said than done, especially the last bit, but I think I'll go for a walk in the sunshine.  Lovely day down here.

chara   

Interesting times..certain lack of logic in some respects. Mrs C returned on Tuesday from UK.

Yesterday we had a "meet and greet" type medical appointments with new medical facility..long story....anyway they called on Wed to confirm etc but upon learning of Mrs C's travel informed her that she couldn't keep apt although I was ok..she wasn't even allowed in the building...the fact that I had been in close contact with her for 48hrs seemed to be of no importance!!!

• Confused 1

Jasonb   

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Well let's try and be kind and supportive.  No point scoring.

Someone has just told me to stop panicking, stop reading the newspapers online, stop reading Piers Morgan's twitter feed (yes I do!!) and have faith in the medical experts who are guiding our response.

Easier said than done, especially the last bit, but I think I'll go for a walk in the sunshine.  Lovely day down here.

Good idea about enjoying the weather and whatever the cause or real impact, I feel sorry for all those whose who will be out of work for a while because of this.

Worrying times. On the football, I guess a silver lining is that when matches resume some of our currently injured players will be back in contention. 

Stay safe, everyone.

^ On the downside, so will theirs .... perhaps I should change my name to Never Happy?

• Haha 1

There's a lot of people with a high media presence getting this...Gov ministers, sportsman, coaches, actors, etc. Once people see these people emerge relatively unscathed  from their homes in a couple of weeks I think some of the panic may die down. I would like to know how many of the deaths in this country were people who were perfectly healthy and how many had problems.

Mrs Nobly works as dental receptionist and she's just come back home saying her fellow receptionist  has gone into self isolation feeling very unwell. She works in Hove which is a bit of a hot spot. So now I'm thinking if she gets it, I'll get it and I haven't even stocked up on kitkats! 

Jasonb   
15 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

There's a lot of people with a high media presence getting this...Gov ministers, sportsman, coaches, actors, etc. Once people see these people emerge relatively unscathed  from their homes in a couple of weeks I think some of the panic may die down. I would like to know how many of the deaths in this country were people who were perfectly healthy and how many had problems.

Mrs Nobly works as dental receptionist and she's just come back home saying her fellow receptionist  has gone into self isolation feeling very unwell. She works in Hove which is a bit of a hot spot. So now I'm thinking if she gets it, I'll get it and I haven't even stocked up on kitkats! 

I was reminded of the late 80s early 90s with the AIDs scare and the predictions that every so many of us were going to get AIDs yet we haven't in fact it is only certain social groups that are at risk.

I think this has been blown out of all sense of proportion because medical people confronted with something they don't understand have voiced the worse case basis.

Now if on my the way to my local High Street I saw people dropping dead I would understand the restrictions were justified yet this seems well over the top and is going to cause untold stress for possibly millions. 

chara   

Just returned from weekly shopping trip to Trading Post..AKA Safeway/King Soopers....lunacy....no TP and crazy checkout lines..this well away from the Metropolis of Denver....I repeat lunacy...shelves look short because restocking takes time which leads to more panic...

I did panic buy a 12 pack of beer instead of next week so guess I'm as bad as everyone else...Mrs C of course took great delight in informing the chatty shoppers around her that she had just returned from the Uk...a little distancing was evident!!..just as well it wasn't me because I would have developed a sneezing coughing fit complaining of the heat in store..but then she is much micer than me!.