• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Coronavirus COVID-19

chara   

Seems I'm the only one being serious on here...or more precisely Mrs C.....she has revised her Social Distancing requirements... here I am as she enforces the latest restrictions.

Not quite sure how correct she is as this is some 100 miles or so NE of Denver..we live about 40/50 miles South of Denver...am I missing something?

thumbnail.jpg

• Haha 1

chara   

Colorado update..

Ventured out in to the waste land yesterday for visit to store ... main road traffic light but not much different for time of year and weekday.

Store carpark a little light but still plenty of shoppers..Mrs C insisted I stay in vehicle as she shopped and picked up meds not ready last week.

I was very touched at her concern..still am...but a secondary motive I believe was that she didn't want anyone to think "Stumpy" was with her.

Some shortages in store but not dramatically so...no yeast for example..Mrs C makes our bread... my sister reports the same shortage in Scotland..

Most shoppers I saw had TP in their carts but no excessive amounts....fresh fruit and veg available..seems although store is offering special early morning access for "older" folks according to the staff it is a time to avoid!...all very sensible in store according to Mrs C..

Total cases in Colorado rising of course but as yet not dramatically so..in my County still only one confirmed case but Park County is quite big...the real South Park is here as mentioned before and that is about the size of the Lake District...not a high concentration of populace in any one place..

Keep safe everyone and as was pointed out to me "There is a special place in Hell for those who stoop to PUNS for humour!"

Pic is from same kitchen window as previous snow shot...that really is stock piling!

thumbnail deer gp.jpg

• Thanks 1

I spied with my little eye something beginning with t p

And Pasta in quantity and even a little flour.  Sainsbury's - 5 min queue to get in though.

JaneB   
21 hours ago, chara said:

Colorado update..

Ventured out in to the waste land yesterday for visit to store ... main road traffic light but not much different for time of year and weekday.

Store carpark a little light but still plenty of shoppers..Mrs C insisted I stay in vehicle as she shopped and picked up meds not ready last week.

I was very touched at her concern..still am...but a secondary motive I believe was that she didn't want anyone to think "Stumpy" was with her.

Some shortages in store but not dramatically so...no yeast for example..Mrs C makes our bread... my sister reports the same shortage in Scotland..

Most shoppers I saw had TP in their carts but no excessive amounts....fresh fruit and veg available..seems although store is offering special early morning access for "older" folks according to the staff it is a time to avoid!...all very sensible in store according to Mrs C..

Total cases in Colorado rising of course but as yet not dramatically so..in my County still only one confirmed case but Park County is quite big...the real South Park is here as mentioned before and that is about the size of the Lake District...not a high concentration of populace in any one place..

Keep safe everyone and as was pointed out to me "There is a special place in Hell for those who stoop to PUNS for humour!"

Pic is from same kitchen window as previous snow shot...that really is stock piling!

thumbnail deer gp.jpg

Keep up the good work and the lovely photos.  Snow and sun, so beautiful.

Always cheers me up to read your posts :-)

chara   
54 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Keep up the good work and the lovely photos.  Snow and sun, so beautiful.

Always cheers me up to read your posts :-)

Thanks.....just something to warm you up...keep safe

IMG_3705 fire home.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Morning guys

Tenerife calling !

Been in full lockdown for 13 days now. We haven't left the house since week last Sunday

The gf decided when it first kicked off to ensure we we had sufficient stores not to need to go out for around a month so we haven't.I laughed at the time but she has an inane ability to judge situations.

No work no income so living off savings. What didn't help was I committed to buying a new van just before the lockdown and some building works so my outgoings have risen right at the wrong time

However life goes on but whilst I know we will win the war I'm not so sure we will win the peace. 

Tenerife is highly dependent on tourism so it's going to decimate a huge part of the island which a lot of the bar owners have yet to factor into their futures

Tough times ahead 

• Like 1

chara   
5 hours ago, r.bartlett said:

Morning guys

Tenerife calling !

Been in full lockdown for 13 days now. We haven't left the house since week last Sunday

The gf decided when it first kicked off to ensure we we had sufficient stores not to need to go out for around a month so we haven't.I laughed at the time but she has an inane ability to judge situations.

No work no income so living off savings. What didn't help was I committed to buying a new van just before the lockdown and some building works so my outgoings have risen right at the wrong time

However life goes on but whilst I know we will win the war I'm not so sure we will win the peace. 

Tenerife is highly dependent on tourism so it's going to decimate a huge part of the island which a lot of the bar owners have yet to factor into their futures

Tough times ahead 

We WILL win the peace...reading your post the old Spirit shines through....they called it the Dunkirk Spirit but I believe it has been around as long as man has walked the Earth....

I checked the Island where I lived for 9 years and they sound to be in a similar position..it's not just London NY Paris Madrid and Rome etc.

Keep safe Sir...

• Like 1

JaneB   

@Martin1905

I know you're a train driver.  What's your work situation at the moment?

On 28/03/2020 at 0:31 PM, JaneB said:

@Martin1905

I know you're a train driver.  What's your work situation at the moment?

Massively reduced service, around 52% at the moment but they are trying to reduce it to 25% by the end of this week.

Most services, even during peak times are ridiculously quiet, which is a good thing as people seem to be finally listening and staying at home as much as possible.

The trains are now getting thoroughly cleaned before entering service every day.

Whenever there is such a reduced service, normally weekend engineering works, we have an awful lot of crew sitting 'spare' at the depot, which basically means you are on standby, in case of disruption or people going sick etc. Due to the sheer number of 'spares' at the moment we are now staying at home unless called in. 

• Thanks 1