• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Coronavirus COVID-19

Ham   
39 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

And mute you mike when you eat - especially you Ham.  And especially if you are on something like Zoom which puts the loudest person up as the main video talker.

Very good 😆👍

chara   

Colorado update

Down to store this am...roads definitely lighter and store car park about same as last week..Mrs C did shopping..me in truck as high risk..they say....sensible in store and a few shortages but fresh veg/fruit. Mrs C also got the beer I requested....fwiw a Colorado Brewery in Fort Collins..other choice was a California beer but not available..yep..hard times indeed.

Most shoppers wearing gloves and a few masks. Got dog food at pet shop a little bit of stockpiling but do not want to go out just for dog food.

Picked up fresh duck and chicken eggs from local lady...Mrs C brought real Easter Eggs back from UK for her little girl....she is far nicer than me!

Fortunately we have been gently retired together for nearly seven years so all "pressure" points about worked out..sorry Ham!

It is easy to get stressed  during these times so that is why we need to support each other any way we can...Mrs C is a bit too laid back about it for my peace of mind but she IS the sensible one.

Oh and Mrs C has begun bartering!...2lb flour for a jar of dried yeast...back to the future indeed!!!

Park County showing four cases so far.... some casual comparisions...Park is appx 2300sq miles..population appx 18000....Devon is 2600 sq m pop..1,200000 appx...Sussex 1460 sqm

pop 1,600000apx.....

Keep safe....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

chara   

Mr Tucker..are you OK down there?

Reporting from just outside of Beaconsfield ...

Back from click'n'collect at Sainsburys Taplow, where the lad in charge had his mask on right up to when he needed a ciggy. Nobody else wearing mask or gloves, so presumably they're all immune round there, or just plain 'ard. Wouldn't fancy being a virus infecting that lot.

I've been working from home two thirds of my time and flying round Europe the rest for the last 20 years, and have I missed Heathrow T5? Now I come to think of it, I haven't - and the travelling time each month translates into an extra day a week, so no complaints here: in fact, last week I had enough spare time to mow the lawn for the first time since Moses parted the Red Sea and then pressure wash the patio (funny, I actually thought it really was green). Instead, we're using videoconferencing for everything, and it's working well. Contrary to Ham's experience, my lot know I have no time for formal dress so they excuse the odd t-shirts advertising beer and the untidiest office since Quentin Crisp shuffled off this mortal coil. Our HQ staff have been working remotely in a virtual office since the outset, hence it's business as usual for most of them. 

Indeed, why go to work at all, when you can enjoy the comforts of home - provided She Who Must Be Obeyed is in a good mood, which is most of the time - although I do confess her end of the office is a site for sore eyes and I hanker after a visit to the local pub, which tried doing takeaways and then had to shut completely. I hope they stay afloat until the inevitable relaxation comes in a year's time and we can all celebrate our freedom. My daughter and partner are stuck here for the duration, having chosen the wrong time to move flat, so we're remembering the joys of having kids at home - no more morning trips to the airing cupboard in the buff looking for a pair of kecks for a few weeks yet (sorry for the distasteful image). 

Haven't been out much, despite living next to a recreation ground and farmland with footpaths all over the place - did take the new drone (from China - yes, it got seriously disinfected) to the rec last week for a bit of practice, but it was full of people exercising their right to ... exercise ... so didn't feel welcome. Dogs round here love this change of habit - they're looking healthier by the day as - are their owners.

Only downside of all this - apart from for the poor devils who are suffering and those caring for them, to whom I extend my heartfelt thanks - is the absence of anything worth watching on the box. Particularly if it is blue and involves a ball. Roll on the end of glorious isolation and the return of trips to the Bridge via the Finborough.

• Like 1

Ham   
12 minutes ago, blue moon said:

Reporting from just outside of Beaconsfield ...

Back from click'n'collect at Sainsburys Taplow, where the lad in charge had his mask on right up to when he needed a ciggy. Nobody else wearing mask or gloves, so presumably they're all immune round there, or just plain 'ard. Wouldn't fancy being a virus infecting that lot.

I've been working from home two thirds of my time and flying round Europe the rest for the last 20 years, and have I missed Heathrow T5? Now I come to think of it, I haven't - and the travelling time each month translates into an extra day a week, so no complaints here: in fact, last week I had enough spare time to mow the lawn for the first time since Moses parted the Red Sea and then pressure wash the patio (funny, I actually thought it really was green). Instead, we're using videoconferencing for everything, and it's working well. Contrary to Ham's experience, my lot know I have no time for formal dress so they excuse the odd t-shirts advertising beer and the untidiest office since Quentin Crisp shuffled off this mortal coil. Our HQ staff have been working remotely in a virtual office since the outset, hence it's business as usual for most of them. 

Indeed, why go to work at all, when you can enjoy the comforts of home - provided She Who Must Be Obeyed is in a good mood, which is most of the time - although I do confess her end of the office is a site for sore eyes and I hanker after a visit to the local pub, which tried doing takeaways and then had to shut completely. I hope they stay afloat until the inevitable relaxation comes in a year's time and we can all celebrate our freedom. My daughter and partner are stuck here for the duration, having chosen the wrong time to move flat, so we're remembering the joys of having kids at home - no more morning trips to the airing cupboard in the buff looking for a pair of kecks for a few weeks yet (sorry for the distasteful image). 

Haven't been out much, despite living next to a recreation ground and farmland with footpaths all over the place - did take the new drone (from China - yes, it got seriously disinfected) to the rec last week for a bit of practice, but it was full of people exercising their right to ... exercise ... so didn't feel welcome. Dogs round here love this change of habit - they're looking healthier by the day as - are their owners.

Only downside of all this - apart from for the poor devils who are suffering and those caring for them, to whom I extend my heartfelt thanks - is the absence of anything worth watching on the box. Particularly if it is blue and involves a ball. Roll on the end of glorious isolation and the return of trips to the Bridge via the Finborough.

Amen.

chara   

OK...first pic is "main road" coming home about 11-30 am.from store..us 285...usually very busy.

Second is driving out from picking up eggs.

Third is in the valley just below us about a mile from our turn off.

And filled  truck up at gas station..$1.79 gall....

Keep safe

IMG_1932road 2.jpeg

IMG_1934egg 1.jpeg

IMG_1937road 1.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ham said:

It really is pathetic this propaganda against China.  Some of it has been in full flow over the past 3 years.  Ujghur prisons and HK riot numbers are just part of it
On the numbers almost no country is testing anyone who does not yet need to go to hospital, let alone the 3 in 4 that have no symptoms at all, so every country is "lying" about infections by a factor of 20 or 40.

Read the piece - total bollox.  "According to reports" means "we have been told what we should write", but no one will go on the record to say it.  The last line is classic.

Sorry, Ham, I know there are people out there who really want to believe this stuff.

49 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Sorry, Ham, I know there are people out there who really want to believe this stuff.

Just like there are people on here who want to deny anything critical of Russia or China.