• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Coronavirus COVID-19

chara   

Sorry guys...really did not intend to raise such contentious issues.....we need to support each other...differences for the minute are secondary....that doesn't mean issues go away but...

22 minutes ago, Ham said:

Are you seriously denying (or excusing) the Wuhan Animal markets and what happens in them?

Don't even get me on the one child policy and the young victims. 

The one child policy went a while ago.  Had it not happened the population of the world would be perhaps half a billion more and the consequences horrific.  
It isn't for me to argue with you to defend that policy or with other people who are convinced that overpopulation is the cause of all our ills.  I'm just saying that issue is complex, and I don't believe any western media is capably of reporting it objectively.

Frankly there are many many worse things than an animal market in this world.  If you want to slag of China then it is a good place to start (certainly less comic than 1 million Ujghurs or the HK reporting).  But if you didn't start with a point to prove against China you'd almost certainly go to ME, or S America or much of Africa (humans and animals).  If you want a real horror story google "Kids for Cash".

For me it is far more interesting to understand why people  (particularly the state sponsored groups) are so keen to slag off China right now.
Anyone recall what Winston Smith's actual job was?

Ham   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Frankly there are many many worse things than an animal market in this world

That's where we differ as people.

If you haven't seen what happens there, don't dare have an opinion on it.

chara   

My very last word on the matter....what I found disturbing over and above the one child policy was the total acceptance by those carrying out the Government policy that the "Party" was absolutely correct because it was always correct......whatever happened to "First Do No Harm"?....

Absolutely the end of the subject on here for me...

1 hour ago, Ham said:

That's where we differ as people.

If you haven't seen what happens there, don't dare have an opinion on it.

Yemen?  The supply of ISIS?  Stuff in Nigeria?  Increased sanctions on Iran?  You are happy to ignore that for an animal market?  I think that is where we differ.  

• Like 2

JaneB   
18 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yemen?  The supply of ISIS?  Stuff in Nigeria?  Increased sanctions on Iran?  You are happy to ignore that for an animal market?  I think that is where we differ.  

Getting a bit too political now Droy. 

19 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

All things humans inflict on each other. The human race is wicked as we know.

Animals are totally innocent when put in the situation they find themselves within those markets. And the totally unnecessary cruelty.

I agree we will all differ in opinion and that’s absolutely fine, we’re all entitled to.

Personally I find unnecessary animal cruelty the most sickening thing on this planet, but that’s me.

• Like 1

JaneB   
4 hours ago, chara said:

On a lighter note...... for JaneB..with thanks for her work on the forum...From our living room window...

C6CFD805-44EB-483D-8939-F2FF6BA09943window deer.jpeg

Aww that is adorable Chara thank you.  Those ears ❤️ You are very kind.  That beautiful creature looks a bit like I feel atm, except I'm on the inside looking out. 

7 hours ago, Jonny_CFC said:

All things humans inflict on each other. The human race is wicked as we know.

Animals are totally innocent when put in the situation they find themselves within those markets. And the totally unnecessary cruelty.

While we're putting our individual two pennies in, I really struggle with perspective like this and even as a bedwetting, Guardian-reading vegetarian. There isn't, or at least imo should not be, any sense of species collective responsibility for some of man's most egregious moral crimes. Lots of humans don't have the power to 'inflict' anything on anyone. I'd not, for example, be lumping the child soldiers of Sierra Leone in with their militia recruiters or Syrian civilians in with Assad. 

I think you're on a hiding to nothing when you start trying to arrange tragedies and injustices into a hierarchy, tbh. Up to a certain point it seems easy and then after that it says much more about the your values than anything else. Each of us will have those emotional buttons most pushed by something different to the next person.

• Like 1

Jasonb   
12 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

For me it is far more interesting to understand why people  (particularly the state sponsored groups) are so keen to slag off China right now.

Anyone recall what Winston Smith's actual job was?

Yes you raise a good point.

I recall a CFC Wembley appearance before RA arrived in the 90s when the group I was with wanted to leave before the crush at the tube started. As we jogging through the rain I spotted a  group of about 80 chaps nearly all wearing black leather jackets sitting on the concrete. They also all looked Southern European and when I got eye contact they looked down.

Anyway on getting home was shocked to see all over TV media about Chelsea fans rioting in Wembley Way. 

Once I started reading alternative news articles I decided to revisit that Wembley incident and went to the British Library at Colindale. Found the incident that had been broadcast as Chelsea fans riot down Wembley Way and then was surprised to see just two fans were arrested at Horseferry magistrates' court and the names and addresses were withheld. 

Let's think on that just two fans arrested and names and addresses withheld, why?