• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Coronavirus COVID-19

chara   
58 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Has there been any talk of organising a time for us to rewatch a classic game online with a 'match day forum' thread? Just spent a few hours watching Chelsea-United from 1999 with my usual pre-match pint pal. Any appetite for that here?

Some decent options and quick sign up here.

https://footballia.net/teams/chelsea-fc

Sounds good..time difference makes it a bit harder for me but count me in....Mrs C played You tube of "Joseph and coat etc" last night..Donny Osborne..shudder..I need a come back that I can claim innocence over..."those CFCnet louts are to blame"..how's that sound?

JaneB   
2 hours ago, chara said:

Bigfoot visiting during recent "cold snap",,from bedroom window...

IMG_1810 iceicles.jpeg

Ha ha!!  Unmasked at last (pardon the pun)!!

1 hour ago, chara said:

Sounds good..time difference makes it a bit harder for me but count me in....Mrs C played You tube of "Joseph and coat etc" last night..Donny Osborne..shudder..I need a come back that I can claim innocence over..."those CFCnet louts are to blame"..how's that sound?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=donny+osmond+puppy+love&view=detail&mid=0F9B487A330F4BAA006A0F9B487A330F4BAA006A&FORM=VIRE0&ru=%2fsearch%3fq%3ddonny%2bosmond%2bpuppy%2blove%26form%3dEDGEAR%26qs%3dPF%26cvid%3d1799164f962b4ecb81a456f5ac6e8fc2%26cc%3dGB%26setlang%3den-GB%26plvar%3d0%26PC%3dHCTS

I think you mean this guy.  Horror of horrors but I still love this song.

chara   
7 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Yep....wondered if anyone would pick it up!....but I did meet Ozzy (and John Bonham) waaay back in the day..must have been 73 or 74...Ozzy could speak and JB was really quiet and friendly...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, chara said:

Yep....wondered if anyone would pick it up!....but I did meet Ozzy (and John Bonham) waaay back in the day..must have been 73 or 74...Ozzy could speak and JB was really quiet and friendly...

Blimey. How old are you now?

• Haha 1

chara   
1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

Blimey. How old are you now?

Too bloody old!!!!!

1 hour ago, Tammy's right foot said:

Deluded much?

Much.  Ask yourself why people feel the need to write this stuff.  I don't mean the ones that join in the commentary (the Mail is very good in allowing comments on controversial issues - and both sides get put by the public).  Ask the Italians what they think of China compared to the rest of the world.

"The trail of misinformation" - about an obvious a signal as you can get.

5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Ask the Italians what they think of China compared to the rest of the world.

Out of curiosity what do you think the answer to that question is right now?

Hi guys

Lockdown and I mean a proper lockdown is here till 26th April. Then a slow release. However no tourists till October so the island is basically fooked.

Last year there was a conversation about Tenerife shedding it's Blackpool in the sun image. Being cynical with no tourists now would be an excellent time to wipe out all the tacky bars and restaurants in one foul swoop.

The Spanish well I won't say too much but most Brits here think they are lovely and some genuinely are but we are hated here in the main. Or at best very reluctantly tolerated

The island was built by gangsters thugs villain's etc in the 80's it was like the wild west, there was massive corruption and most of the mayor's enjoyed a very nice lifestyle thank you very much..it got so bad Madrid sent over special forces to deal with it. 

But  what's left they don't like either. It's pretty tacky bars 

Sure they love the money but if you haven't got an income you're not losing anything so it's all to gain And Tenerife like Spain is economically stone dead. 

So why not start with a clean slate.

The g.ment has said it will support businesses and employees but the Spanish have buracracy down to a fine art. I have for example,  applied for a new licence for work. I am using a local lawyer and my accountant is Spanish. Every t and I have been crossed or dotted. They have every document they need. No problem

14 months later I am still waiting.

My mate went to court against a fine by the Guardia. The judge agreed it was a mistake and awarded him the money and damages. 5 years later he still hasn't had the money. It's not even the police's money but they still keep coming up with delays and excuses.. and all you get it the Tenerife  "no se" shrug ( I don't know) 

So today I hear the 200 billion the president said would be made available is now deemed not to exist. A fantasy said to appease the people. 

I am expecting carnage here and all the other Brit resorts in Spain as people realise whilst you may love Spain,  Spain doesn't love you

It's going to be very tense over the next 12 months .. more as it comes in 

1 hour ago, Jonny_CFC said:

Out of curiosity what do you think the answer to that question is right now?

You just have to look up the public responses to the aid - and ignore the anonymous quotes.  Of course it generally means reading to the end of the articles.